PDA

View Full Version : Renaming my 250

06superduty
06-01-2018, 10:51 AM
I need some help renaming my 87 Baja. I'm not worried at pissing off the boat gods because they already hate me haha. Quick back story: Bought this Force 250 back in 2014 as a retirement gift to myself (retired jarhead here) and basically got an hour out on it before she quit on me. The motor was shot and it has taken me until about now get the funds/find a good mechanic to build a new motor. I have had bad luck with two different marinas and basically just quit trying to fix it for a few years. So now I have the money and the motor is almost finished being built. The interior was ok at best when I bought it but one marina let it sit almost a year completely uncovered and now I will have to have that redone too. Anyways the boat was named "PUMPER" originally. I didn't care for the name so I have scrapped it off. Now I need a new name. Since this boat has been a PITA and broken for the last 4 years I am thinking something that reflects my frustration. Here are a few I was thinking about.

Hanger Queen..... in the military anytime we had a piece of equipment that spent lots of time in the shop that's what we called it.

Money Pit.... self-explanatory haha

That's about I have, any ideas?

jefflee1988sunsport
06-01-2018, 11:34 AM
I need some help renaming my 87 Baja. I'm not worried at pissing off the boat gods because they already hate me haha. Quick back story: Bought this Force 250 back in 2014 as a retirement gift to myself (retired jarhead here) and basically got an hour out on it before she quit on me. The motor was shot and it has taken me until about now get the funds/find a good mechanic to build a new motor. I have had bad luck with two different marinas and basically just quit trying to fix it for a few years. So now I have the money and the motor is almost finished being built. The interior was ok at best when I bought it but one marina let it sit almost a year completely uncovered and now I will have to have that redone too. Anyways the boat was named "PUMPER" originally. I didn't care for the name so I have scrapped it off. Now I need a new name. Since this boat has been a PITA and broken for the last 4 years I am thinking something that reflects my frustration. Here are a few I was thinking about.

Hanger Queen..... in the military anytime we had a piece of equipment that spent lots of time in the shop that's what we called it.

Money Pit.... self-explanatory haha

That's about I have, any ideas?

the boat gods can still strike at any time ,ounce you make that boat happy ,it will do the same for you so i would not cut my boat down with a bad name ,how about PROBLEM CHILD or just wait a while after its done and it will come to you ,there is a thread on here how we all came up with our names ,good luck

JerseyOutlaw
06-01-2018, 05:48 PM
This is what comes to mind without knowing much about you, and your likes. This is just cause the boat is a Force and your military background.

Since the Baja is a Force:

-- Military Force
-- DealtTheForce (Delta Force and the hand you were dealt with that boat/problems)
-- Force Retirement (Forced Retirement)
-- Force Recon (bikini watching from the Baja Force
-- Drivin Force (the driving force behind your repairs)
--

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tablerocker
06-01-2018, 08:18 PM
This is what comes to mind without knowing much about you, and your likes. This is just cause the boat is a Force and your military background.

Since the Baja is a Force:

-- Military Force
-- DealtTheForce (Delta Force and the hand you were dealt with that boat/problems)
-- Force Retirement (Forced Retirement)
-- Force Recon (bikini watching from the Baja Force
-- Drivin Force (the driving force behind your repairs)
--

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Damn! Those are pretty cool names!

06superduty
06-01-2018, 09:43 PM
All those are great suggestions! I think I like jefflee name the best. “PROBLEM CHILD” fits this boat nicely!! I’ll kick it around a bit but I think it’s a winner!

Anchorman
06-04-2018, 09:57 AM
the boat gods can still strike at any time ,ounce you make that boat happy ,it will do the same for you so i would not cut my boat down with a bad name ,how about PROBLEM CHILD or just wait a while after its done and it will come to you ,there is a thread on here how we all came up with our names ,good luck

I superstitious about things like this. I would do the ceremony like your supposed to. I've had bad luck but that's just me. Problem Child is a good name but tempting Fate at the same time...

jefflee1988sunsport
06-04-2018, 10:53 AM
I superstitious about things like this. I would do the ceremony like your supposed to. I've had bad luck but that's just me. Problem Child is a good name but tempting Fate at the same time...

i agree doing the ceremony to the boat gods is a no brainierThumb Up

06superduty
03-15-2019, 11:42 AM

Tempting Fate...... that might be a good name too!

Problem Child or Tempting Fate currently lead the list. All of the suggestions have been good. Thanks guys!

JerseyOutlaw
03-15-2019, 09:02 PM
"Force Retirement"

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk