PDA

View Full Version : New boat 1990 240ES,need info

bajamike08
12-26-2014, 06:25 PM
Haven't been on here in awhile,hope everyone is having a great holiday.I just made a deal on a 1990 240 ES and I was wanting to get the scoop from anyone who might know.The boat was listed as a 240 Sport,but it clearly has 240 ES written on the side right below the windows.I have been looking for a deal on the Sport model,and the price was right on this boat,so I am in the process of buying it.My question is;what are the differences between the Sport and ES models.I remember reading somewhere that ES stood for euro-sport,Is that correct?I am going to try to attach a photo.Just wondered if the hull was the same on both.The boat needs an engine,but has all the accesories and a Bravo 1 drive and is on a trailer.All the interior is there also.Its seems like a great foundation to start with to get me where I want to be.I think it would be a good boat to go a little crazy on,graphics,engine,lighting,etc.Any info would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

JerseyOutlaw
01-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Haven't been on here in awhile,hope everyone is having a great holiday.I just made a deal on a 1990 240 ES and I was wanting to get the scoop from anyone who might know.The boat was listed as a 240 Sport,but it clearly has 240 ES written on the side right below the windows.I have been looking for a deal on the Sport model,and the price was right on this boat,so I am in the process of buying it.My question is;what are the differences between the Sport and ES models.I remember reading somewhere that ES stood for euro-sport,Is that correct?I am going to try to attach a photo.Just wondered if the hull was the same on both.The boat needs an engine,but has all the accesories and a Bravo 1 drive and is on a trailer.All the interior is there also.Its seems like a great foundation to start with to get me where I want to be.I think it would be a good boat to go a little crazy on,graphics,engine,lighting,etc.Any info would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

I'm not sure if those 240ES stickers are factory stickers, Euro Sports had integrated swim platforms. The flat transom on that boat is classic 240 Sport styling. The 240 Sport was the predecessor to the 24Outlaw.

bajamike08
01-06-2015, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure if those 240ES stickers are factory stickers, Euro Sports had integrated swim platforms. The flat transom on that boat is classic 240 Sport styling. The 240 Sport was the predecessor to the 24Outlaw.

Thanks for the info.I know I've seen ads with pics listing the Sport model,and they had integrated swim platforms and even Outlaws with the same.I didn't think the Outlaw ever came with an integrated swim platform,but I can't say for sure.So I was just trying to find out what the differences between the Sport and ES model really was.Theres to many people out there that don't know what they really have,and I guess if you're not a diehard Baja fan you might not care.Anyhow,the Baja is in my driveway now!!!I'm looking forward to getting started on the restoration,or more like modification!!!!!Speed changes you.

Firehill
01-06-2015, 07:01 PM
I agree with Jersey and a 240 Sport in 1990 didn't have the integrated swim platform, by what i'm finding. Now, looks like later year models of the 240 Sport did have it.

JerseyOutlaw
01-06-2015, 08:37 PM
!!!I'm looking forward to getting started on the restoration,or more like modification!!!!!Speed changes you.

You got a badazz boat there my friend. Here's a dude I know airing out his 240 on a local poker run in the first pic. His 240 ran 85 with a 650 HP Teague motor, ITS XR, imco shorty and 24 EM tabs. The 2nd pic is a 240 sport that was cruising in the 80's at a poker run in Virginia I went to this year... They get it done

bajamike08
01-07-2015, 11:08 AM
You got a badazz boat there my friend. Here's a dude I know airing out his 240 on a local poker run in the first pic. His 240 ran 85 with a 650 HP Teague motor, ITS XR, imco shorty and 24 EM tabs. The 2nd pic is a 240 sport that was cruising in the 80's at a poker run in Virginia I went to this year... They get it done

Thanks for the compliments,it's very encouraging to know the boat has such potential.As for the Sport vs. ES thing,Its my own curiousity to find out the differences.Kind of like the difference between a Lemans vs. GTO,...Chevelle vs. SS...kind of thing.Could very well be in cockpit,cuddy layout.It does seem like you only see a few that have the running/docking lights up frt.I'm entering a new world in boating and where I have been wanting to get to.Still trying to finish up my 84 Sunsport 190!!Re-doing the interior in it,and that will just about do it.Thanks again for the info guys.

Firehill
01-08-2015, 08:56 AM
Just saw an older thread on another forum and the 240 Sport became the 24 OL as mentioned and the 226ES became the 240ES. Integrated swim platform was not counted into the total footage of the boat until 1991.

cruisin-charlie
01-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Just saw an older thread on another forum and the 240 Sport became the 24 OL as mentioned and the 226ES became the 240ES. Integrated swim platform was not counted into the total footage of the boat until 1991.

I used to own a 1991 240 islander that did have the integrated swim platform.

bajamike08
02-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Went and looked at a 1990 250ES that is currently listed on Charlotte craigslist and saw some significant differences from the 240 Sport I bought.The floor was gelcoated with no carpet,and the rear seat was also gelcoat and looked molded as did the wall into the cuddy.The Sport has plexiglass wall with a sliding door and the rear seat base is built from wood.The side areas where the batteries and trim pump sit were also molded into the hull on the ES and the windsheild was more of a plexiglass wind screen.The Sport has actual glass windshield.It looks like the ES may be a different hull also,didn't seem as deep of a V,and the swim platform is part of the hull,not a bolt on item.There were no rails anywhere on the front of the boat and a single hatch in cuddy.The Sport has a rail around the front of the boat and 2 hatches in the cuddy.The gauges sat at a different angle also.These were a few differences that stood out right away.