Custom Marine Carpet

Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: So what does Baja mean to you?

Share/Bookmark
    Boat

1988 Baja 280
    Thanks

So what does Baja mean to you?

I have to admit that it is just a boat. Not the best boats in the world, but you don't pay the highest price for them either.

The one thing I have to say is that Baja boat owners are some of the greatest people I have met. Most seem to be honest working class people that love to be on their boat and have a good time.

So Baja to me is good times with friends and family. Does not matter if it is blasting accross the water or sitting on the hook. Baja is always a good time!

Boat

1999 HUSTLER 388 SLINGSHOT
    Thanks
    Nice Dave...

Baja has meant many different things to me over the years.... A livelyhood from my selling days.....an adrenelin fix from my poker run/race days...but what it really means is comradery. I have never been involved in a group who has ever stood behind each other and shared the passion for something as much as Baja owners. There is something to be said for that. Good times with friends, family....people you don't even know willing to help with anything at the drop of a hat just goes hand in hand with the word Baja. I have met so many great people over the years...and if it wasn't for "BAJA"...I may have never met some of the best people in the world I am proud to call my friends. THANKS BAJA!

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBAJA View Post
    Nice Dave...

Baja has meant many different things to me over the years.... A livelyhood from my selling days.....an adrenelin fix from my poker run/race days...but what it really means is comradery. I have never been involved in a group who has ever stood behind each other and shared the passion for something as much as Baja owners. There is something to be said for that. Good times with friends, family....people you don't even know willing to help with anything at the drop of a hat just goes hand in hand with the word Baja. I have met so many great people over the years...and if it wasn't for "BAJA"...I may have never met some of the best people in the world I am proud to call my friends. THANKS BAJA!
    X2 Great thoughts on this. I have met some of the best folks and had some of my greatest moments while on or around the boat and the folks I boat with.

Boat

Boatless For Now .
    Thanks
    I agree, more than anything Baja has meant great friendships to me.

So here's to ships, big ships, small ships but best of all friendships.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1989 Baja Force 265
    Thanks

Re: So what does Baja mean to you?

OK, I havn't had the pleasure of meeting most of you yet. Although I'm sure you recognize the name. The ones I have met are damn good people!

I'm happy to see this site and look forward to the comradery. It's good to know that even I'm one of the cats with the "classic" that I can still talk about the brand. IMO, the old school baja's are like 67-70 muscle cars.

I have had a ton of life changes in the past year and although I'm not putting it in the water this year, I look forward to reading about everyone else's great experiences.

Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ittledoo View Post
    OK, I havn't had the pleasure of meeting most of you yet. Although I'm sure you recognize the name. The ones I have met are damn good people!

I'm happy to see this site and look forward to the comradery. It's good to know that even I'm one of the cats with the "classic" that I can still talk about the brand. IMO, the old school baja's are like 67-70 muscle cars.

I have had a ton of life changes in the past year and although I'm not putting it in the water this year, I look forward to reading about everyone else's great experiences.
    I like the "old school muscle car" symbolism....really neat. We welcome you and you always have a home here

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1980 Baja 19TC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRBAJA View Post
    I like the "old school muscle car" symbolism....really neat. We welcome you and you always have a home here
    Funny that.... Five or six few years ago I started looking for the boating equivalent of my 65 Corvette Sting Ray convertible. Just 'right for two, not too big, able to take just about anywhere, quick enough but basic and reliable. It also had to have a certain updated yet still-vintage vibe to it.

Found a 1980 19TC with a Merc 260 which, as my first boat ever, seemed within my grasp financially and experientially. So far my experience has been fitting in it's full interior rebuild to my living locations and schedule, but this summer I'm nearing completion of a three year process. I've learned a lot through it all and already have a sense of accomplishment for what I have recreated.

Over this time I have also redone the Corvette, my '75 Silverado hauler and a '79 Airstream Sovereign. The boat seems to get back billing, but truth is all the projects must find their way into that balance of maintaining business and relationships too.

To me (who knows nothing) the Baja name means powerboat on par with a Corvette. Not a Porsche or Ferrari, neither kit car nor exotic, but rather a respected bang-for-buck smile-maker in a reasonable, reality based part-of-your-life world.

Charter Member #47
    Boat

2006 Baja 405
    Thanks

Baja Boats = Broke again Jack ass, Break out another thousand. It seems like if its not the generator not working, its the ac. That one was a pain esp being 8 months pregnant in the middle of 1 of the hottest summers. Now the batteries aren't holding charge, but that 1 means that we just have to go and run up and down the rivers which is never a bad thing. Baja does mean some good too. Its allowed me to meet a lot of new people through different local events! Oh yeah, and Speed changes you!

Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauluptime View Post
    Funny that.... Five or six few years ago I started looking for the boating equivalent of my 65 Corvette Sting Ray convertible. Just 'right for two, not too big, able to take just about anywhere, quick enough but basic and reliable. It also had to have a certain updated yet still-vintage vibe to it.

Found a 1980 19TC with a Merc 260 which, as my first boat ever, seemed within my grasp financially and experientially. So far my experience has been fitting in it's full interior rebuild to my living locations and schedule, but this summer I'm nearing completion of a three year process. I've learned a lot through it all and already have a sense of accomplishment for what I have recreated.

Over this time I have also redone the Corvette, my '75 Silverado hauler and a '79 Airstream Sovereign. The boat seems to get back billing, but truth is all the projects must find their way into that balance of maintaining business and relationships too.

To me (who knows nothing) the Baja name means powerboat on par with a Corvette. Not a Porsche or Ferrari, neither kit car nor exotic, but rather a respected bang-for-buck smile-maker in a reasonable, reality based part-of-your-life world.
    Thats awesome man! You are quite the collector/restorer... Post some pix of your rides in the gallery and of the Baja!
    DAVE -N- KELI
    "NAUTI ONE"
    SPRING, TX.

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"...

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1989 Challenger Aerotech Super V-24
    Thanks

I agree with everyone about the comradery. But shoot I will hang and talk boats with anybody with any boat.

I think for me it has been family and memories. Our 2nd boat was an early 80's 184 fish n ski with 150 blackmax. I still remember the day that my parents got divorced and I begged my mom to keep the boat and I would dirve it(i think I was more worried about the boat than my parents). I was in the 4th grade. I took along hiatus from boatng after that. When I got back into boating around 2000. It was with my cousins and their 342(their 2nd Baja). I was hooked from there on. Dad got him a 25OL, then I ended up with an 88 180 islander for my first boat. Moved on to a 91 Bandit and then the 06 242. Meanwhile my sister got in the mix with thier own 94 208.

Baja's have really brought my family closer together. I say that because most of us don't have one now, and know we don't see each other as much.

In total, we have all owned 8 Bajas total.