Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Sub in v berth compartment

Share/Bookmark
    Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Re: Sub in v berth compartment

Quote Originally Posted by Nailit View Post
    So you have a sealed box inside the anchor box? How does it sound? And did you try just using the locker as the air space?

I think my issue is that I fill it up with life jackets and that takes all the usable air space out. Not to mention an unsealed enclosure will need more space than a sealed anyway.
    Yes I have a sealed box inside the anchorbox. I can still get a package of orange cheap jackets in there plus a vest or two but keep most of my vests by the ****ter just inside the cuddy. I have my amp mounted under the sink. It sounds good and added some but not everything I wanted to be honest, but I wanted booming bass when I had it put in. It works just great now and has way better sound than the free air 10" I have under the rear seat. Over all I am happy with it. My taste in music has changed some too over the years so the heavy bass in not as important as it once was. I will say that when underway it has good sound too. I will try to get some photos this weekend, so you can see how I have it set up.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Yes I have a sealed box inside the anchorbox. I can still get a package of orange cheap jackets in there plus a vest or two but keep most of my vests by the ****ter just inside the cuddy. I have my amp mounted under the sink. It sounds good and added some but not everything I wanted to be honest, but I wanted booming bass when I had it put in. It works just great now and has way better sound than the free air 10" I have under the rear seat. Over all I am happy with it. My taste in music has changed some too over the years so the heavy bass in not as important as it once was. I will say that when underway it has good sound too. I will try to get some photos this weekend, so you can see how I have it set up.

cool, I have the same thing going: but don't have any jackets in the **itter as my kids or sometimes the ladies need to use it. Amp under sink, 2 10" kickers, but I figured I needed to get some tighter bass coming from the cuddy. The rest of the system sounds good, though I haven't really been on the water since I added 4 more 6.5 kickers when I did the vinyl.

you can text me pics when you get them.. Speaker needs about 1-1.2 cf sealed, so I planned to making it right at that!
    504-554-1182

Thanks
    Richie

Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Well, i will not be able to build a box. Easily anyway.

The top of the 12” is right at the cushion, so there is no room to build a box below it.
    Oh well, but at least I repainted my grille and it came out pretty good.

It was white before, so I painted it black and sprayed some metallic on it for goos measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk