Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: '02 Baja 342 Boss - Miscellaneous Info Request

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2002 Baja 342 Boss
    Thanks

'02 Baja 342 Boss - Miscellaneous Info Request

I am a new owner of a really nice 02' 342 Boss with 496 Mag/HO's but it did not come with an owner's manual. I'm hoping that some of my questions about these boats can be answered or someone can direct me to where to get the information.

1) Where can I get an owner's manual for this year/model?
    2) I need new latch/lock for the cabin door and the anchor locker. Where can I buy these?
    3) I lost power to the port bolster seat. It was working then just stopped. It does not appear to be getting power when checking the wires with a voltmeter. Is there a fuse/breaker panel for these hidden somewhere? The breakers below the steering wheel do not include electric bolsters.
    4) Does the air conditioner require the boat to be in the water to work? It has water hoses. Where is the water intake on the boat? Can this be wired to work on DC with an inverter without too much trouble? Is there a kit for this because my boat does not have a generator?
    5) My head sink/faucet is not removable to use as a shower, it is fixed in place. Where can you buy this particular faucet that extends?
    6) I have an AC switch panel indicating a hot water heater and two of the sinks have hot water knobs on the faucets. If it has a hot water heater, where would it be located in the boat?
    7) How do you remove the existing horns in the front? They are flush mount but do not have any fasteners to remove and replace. Do you remove the front bulkhead? If so, how do you do that?

Any help on any of these questions would be greatly appreciated. I just like everything to work as it should.

Thanks!

Charter Member #43
    Boat

2003 Baja 342 Performance
    Thanks

Re: '02 Baja 342 Boss - Miscellaneous Info Request

I am a new owner of a really nice 02' 342 Boss with 496 Mag/HO's but it did not come with an owner's manual. I'm hoping that some of my questions about these boats can be answered or someone can direct me to where to get the information.

What do you need to know? You would probably be better off buying the Merc Manual on the 496Ho and Merc Manual on the Bravo Drive.

All of the other switches on the dash you will learn when you are detailing the boat, they are easy to figure out. Most are labeled.
    Some are just hot leads and some control stuff like the cuddy cabin bilge pump.

2) I need new latch/lock for the cabin door and the anchor locker. Where can I buy these?
    www.perko.com for all of it. Find it on thier site and Goole the part number, you can get most of it on Amazon.

3) I lost power to the port bolster seat. It was working then just stopped. It does not appear to be getting power when checking the wires with a voltmeter. Is there a fuse/breaker panel for these hidden somewhere? The breakers below the steering wheel do not include electric bolsters.
    Follow the wire, under the back of the seat there is a panel that comes off, I think there was an inline fuse. If not, keep following it, it is more than likely corrosion on the other end. Those switches & wires get corroded, dont trust putting a test lite on the plug connector, stick the wire. I tracked mine forever and it ended up being the connector was corroded even though the wire was actually hot.

4) Does the air conditioner require the boat to be in the water to work? It has water hoses.
    YES! There is a pump in the bilge and the water is sucked in thru the clamshell on the bottom under the engines (bronze clamshell on bottom) At the bottom of the bilge there is actually a shut off for it.

Where is the water intake on the boat?
    See ablove

Can this be wired to work on DC with an inverter without too much trouble?
    Yes, Dont you have a shore power plug on the side? If not, West Marine has a conversion kit - Also Perko

5) My head sink/faucet is not removable to use as a shower, it is fixed in place. Where can you buy this particular faucet that extends?

West Marine, easy install.

But honestly, I dont know if I would use the shower a lot. I think, that drains into the hull and runs down along the starboard stringer and the keel when it drains. Its not a drain that is plumbed. However, the sink drains out the side. Try it with a gallon of water and see where it goes when it drains...

6) I have an AC switch panel indicating a hot water heater and two of the sinks have hot water knobs on the faucets. If it has a hot water heater, where would it be located in the boat?

Under the counter behind your fridge.

7) How do you remove the existing horns in the front? They are flush mount but do not have any fasteners to remove and replace. Do you remove the front bulkhead? If so, how do you do that?
    I think you can do it through the anchor locker. If not dont pull out any of the headliner, it never goes backin right.... I could swear mine pulled off from the outside - honestly cant remember.

Any help on any of these questions would be greatly appreciated. I just like everything to work as it should.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Keith342; 09-07-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco x box, 280 Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NautiRatII View Post

4) Does the air conditioner require the boat to be in the water to work? It has water hoses. Where is the water intake on the boat? Can this be wired to work on DC with an inverter without too much trouble? Is there a kit for this because my boat does not have a generator?

Thanks!
    Welcome to the party! Nice boat.

Remove the front bulkhead in the cuddy for the horn, it's screwed in.
    These boats came with very limited paperwork...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2002 Baja 342 Boss
    Thanks

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the replies and information gentlemen. I at least have a starting point for these little issues. @Keith342, if you get a minute, can you send me a link to the part numbers you are referring to regarding converting the air conditioner to run on DC power using an inverter? That would be nice to have when cruising around in the south Texas heat for sure. As for the shower in the head, I doubt it would probably never get used but it's just nice to have just in case I guess. Thanks again for all the help gentlemen!

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2002 Baja 342 Boss
    Thanks

One other thing @Keith342, good luck and stay safe this weekend with the storm bearing down on you guys. We just dealt with Harvey and will be praying for you guys in Florida!

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

None None None
    Thanks

that bathroom floor drain probably drains as Keith said but there's at least on mine a middle bilge pump that would handle the water from that shower head. The 3 drains on the side are on mine the bathroom sink, the AC and that bathroom floor drain....
    Last edited by Balbosk; 09-12-2017 at 01:38 PM.