Thread: American family and boat insurance

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1999 Baja 272 Performance 502 MAG/MPI
    Thanks

Re: American family and boat insurance

Quote Originally Posted by jefflee1988sunsport View Post
    got a video of my motor running on the dyno ,they ran it for several hours for break in ,no problems .needs a new distributor and changing all the breathers on valve covers. motor was set up for race mode only,want to be able to have a few more adjustments on it for everyday use .never thought i would say that but had to tone it down a little, it is just a little much for what i will be using it for.still hoping to be up and walking by the end of July so i can drive it and bring it home,at that time there are some things i will have to decide . i will be retiring early and will have to see how things go. if i can post the video today i will .
    What does that mean??? All that work and you are thinking of selling?

Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sledfreak View Post
    What does that mean??? All that work and you are thinking of selling?

no ,just getting a little scared about Wednesday .had to already take my leave from work. i can not even pass the lake when leaving home because i miss it so bad.just going threw a lot of changes right now and even thoe i have had great offers on her,i told them to quit telling me about them.just not happy at this point .i am not use to being helpless,thats all .thanks for keeping on the right track.

Boat

Thanks

i am doing pretty good since surgery i am defiantly ahead of schedule so i am thinking about trying to take a ride to haukeyes.i really would like to see all the things i have had done and i miss my boat.i know they will let me use a boat to go out for a day on the water just need to know if i can drive that long with my leg bent in sitting position,i am waiting on a call from todd at haukeyes to see what would be a good day to try this,i personalty know it is to soon so i really need to think this out, im sure for every hour driving ,i will have to take 15 or 20 min to stretch,unless i have another driver and use the back seat,always wanted to see how the movie system works back there anyways,

could not do a 45 min ride to go to joliet and see qualifying yesterday so i think it will be a while before i can go , i guess more time
    Last edited by jefflee1988sunsport; 07-01-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Boat

Thanks

Well after talking with the insurance company yesterday,they informed me they do not ma paying any bills on this boat,i called hawkeye and explanended to todd to get any bills and e mail the insurance company a supplement last biil and they gave him no problem.the boat will be put in the water and shook down to make sure every thing is perfect so in a perfect world i will be heading down there to finally get my 272 back.i am able to do the ride with a freind helping me drive there and back, the hard part for me is i think i will be able to still use it this year instead of having them winterize it and put it away. we have had spectacular weather lately so what would you do, i have this summer off work and would love to be able to take it out on lake Michigan during the week days when i am not at pt ,,,,, thanks for all your opinions

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jefflee1988sunsport For This Useful Post:

SEA-NYLE (07-13-2018)

Boat

2000 Baja 212 Islander, 383 MPI
    Thanks

If you can safely go out and not injure your knee, I say why not go. You will probably need a lot of help though, so you don’t chance getting re injuring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stude For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (07-14-2018)

Boat

Thanks

IN my heart,i know what you said is exactly the right thing to do.i know when i go to get it ,they will be right with me but as far as taking it out ounce i get home,it will be a different story.there is none of my close friends that can drive it or load it.i am sure it is easy to understand,having that boat and parking it is going to be hard.i am scheduled for pt until the first week in aug. i think i will know the truth when i take the long ride and play in the water for a while,maybe that will satisfy me because my main objective is getting this knee fixed right finally and so far my doctor pulled off a miracle so thanks for your honest advice,was really looking forward to seeing you guys this year,it seems like the last couple years just have not paned out.say hi to the family for me and we will see what happens. would love to have jeff take it out with me since he sold his,i know he can drive it for sure but i still have no plans on selling either boat.

Boat

2000 Baja 272
    Thanks

If you’re wanting to boat on Lake Michigan talk to East Chicago Marina and see if they will do a short term deal on dri-stack
    I know the marina I’m at doesn’t do month to month but if they’re not full they will do some deals. Our boats are small on big water and a dri-stack barn usually has more empty spots for boats our size

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kefurr For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (Yesterday)