Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A new hoist

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

Re: A new hoist

pine crest is where i put my boat in the water at cedar lake,its only a few minutes from my house,my house is on lake dale but have a horse power rule so cant use it there unless i put a 4 banger in it. also remember that is where i took the 272 and got a 600$ bill for nothing.but might be my only choice feel that the only way i can get more time on the water after work.lake is always like glass when i pass it on the way home and it has 5 star restaurant and a few bars to enjoy for some night driving. thanks

Boat

1991 Baja 270
    Thanks

Re: A new hoist

Quote Originally Posted by SEA-NYLE View Post
    Now that I've moved back to the lake, I've been looking around for a good used hoist for the 272. Tough to find one with the right weight capacity. I looked all over Upstate N.Y.. No luck. So I gave up and started looking at new ones. Ouch $$$. Those new ones sure could put a big dent in the savings acct.

Out of the blue a used 5500lb popped up on Craig's list. All aluminium and in decent shape. The only thing, is that I had to go way down into the Fingerlakes and get it. So, I borrowed my buddies construction trailer, my buddy and my two boys and picked it up down at lower side of Owasco Lake.

Good thing I brought lots of help. The hoist was frozen to the ground. But the owner used his farm tractor to pull it up and out. We loaded and headed for home. Wouldn't you know it, it snowed HARD most of the way back. But everything made it back in one piece.

Looking it over real good, I'll need to replace the bunks and the cable. I'd also like to install a wheel kit. But, for $1200 and a half a Saturday, I'll take it!

I can't wait for the season to start. This year, my ride will be dockside...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Congrats! We purchased a lift last year and has been one of the best investments I’ve made as far as boating. We love the convenience. I would say the only negative is the expense. I looked for months for a used lift with no success. We ended up with a new 6600# lift from hydro hoist. Between the cost of the lift and the yearly rent at the marina it adds up fast, not to mention you will use the boat more so your gas bill will be elevated too. But the time on the water with family and friends makes it all worthwhile. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff & Beth
    Just 4 Fun II

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just4funII For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (01-29-2018), JerseyOutlaw (01-27-2018), Nailit (01-27-2018), SEA-NYLE (01-27-2018)