Share/Bookmark
    Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

88 Four Winns 211 liberator
    Thanks

Cool Newbie

Hey. I’m new to this site for 2 reasons:
    1. I own a 211 liberator
    2. I’m looking at getting a 1990 226 es.
    So I was looking for some info on this style of Baja. I live in north western Illinois and all of my boating is on the Mississippi River I’ve been a river rat my whole life. I like my liberator except for the fact of having omc motor and outdrive. This Baja I’m looking at has a 454 with a bravo 1. Thanks to all in advance
    And I guess what I wanna know is how does it handle at cruising speed and wot. How big is the gas tank. Is the cuddy a lil half opening and jus for storage or an actual cuddy to possibly sleep in. Does it have tabs and is it controlled by buttons on the dash or a lil joystick.
    Last edited by Wtfoliberator; 01-11-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1992 Baja 208 Islander
    Thanks

Re: Newbie

I used to boat with a guy who had a Liberator...nice boat. Had a King Cobra engine/outdrive.

I've no personal experience with the 226 Baja you're looking at, so will let those here with that boat answer your specific questions.

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco x box, 280 Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 909 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wtfoliberator View Post
    Hey. Iím new to this site for 2 reasons:
    1. I own a 211 liberator
    2. Iím looking at getting a 1990 226 es.
    So I was looking for some info on this style of Baja. I live in north western Illinois and all of my boating is on the Mississippi River Iíve been a river rat my whole life. I like my liberator except for the fact of having omc motor and outdrive. This Baja Iím looking at has a 454 with a bravo 1. Thanks to all in advance
    And I guess what I wanna know is how does it handle at cruising speed and wot. How big is the gas tank. Is the cuddy a lil half opening and jus for storage or an actual cuddy to possibly sleep in. Does it have tabs and is it controlled by buttons on the dash or a lil joystick.
    Here's the factory brochure for the 226. It has a 62 gal fuel tank and sleeps 2. I don't know anything about the Mississippi, the shallow 20į deadrise would take a beating out where I am, but would be fine on calmer water. Trim tabs were probably factory option but can easily be added to any boat.

Welcome to BBO!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tablerocker View Post
    I used to boat with a guy who had a Liberator...nice boat. Had a King Cobra engine/outdrive.

I've no personal experience with the 226 Baja you're looking at, so will let those here with that boat answer your specific questions.

Yea itís got a bbf460 and has the baby king cobra and it runs great. Itís just when it stops running great I donít want to be the one who has to repair it.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyOutlaw View Post
    Here's the factory brochure for the 226. It has a 62 gal fuel tank and sleeps 2. I don't know anything about the Mississippi, the shallow 20į deadrise would take a beating out where I am, but would be fine on calmer water. Trim tabs were probably factory option but can easily be added to any boat.

Welcome to BBO!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    boating on the Mississippi River really isnít that bad I went to a lake a couple hours away and that was awful, with the waves going back and forth never a calm second. On the river once the waves pass theyíre gone. Weíve got big cruiser under 40í, and power boats not many over 32í. But I was surprised on how just a couple degrees increase in dead rise makes a big difference. But either my liberator is probably close to that 20 degrees and does ok.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1992 Baja 208 Islander
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wtfoliberator View Post
    Yea itís got a bbf460 and has the baby king cobra and it runs great. Itís just when it stops running great I donít want to be the one who has to repair it.
    lol...yeah, I have one of what I think are only TWO left-in-the-U.S. Yamaha Hydra-Drive powered boats. Believe me, compared to the Yammies, OMCs are a dime-a-dozen!