Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bravo 1 26p on a 502 MPI 25 outlaw?

Share/Bookmark
    Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,751 Times in 1,042 Posts

Re: Bravo 1 26p on a 502 MPI 25 outlaw?

Quote Originally Posted by QualityTime View Post
    Yea, my boat currently has a Mirage 23p. The reason I was considering the 24p was for better cruising speed mainly
    Thank You Guys
    24p will be perfect with your power for better cruise. I used to swap between a 23 and 24 depending on the day.
    "Fine Whine"

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jefflee1988sunsport View Post
    so ,with all this said . do you think there is a better prop for my 272 instead of what my 272 came with.is was sent out when i got the boat because of a couple dings but nothing special was done to it,is this a matter of if it is not broke ,leave it alone or is there something better for me also,your advice Jersey means a lot to me ,thanks

Define better? n, Whatcha got now?

I am no expert, but these are my thoughts. These Baja's mostly were produced with deep x dimensions, Hawkeye is the only dealer im aware of that custom ordered drive heights from Baja. An x dimension is the difference between the prop shaft centerline and the bottom of the hull if you can image those creating 2 parallel lines. Prop blade surface and pitch puts significant load on the motor. A 3 blade Mirage plus prop is the fastest because the entire prop is submerged even when on plane on a Baja, with lets say a deep 8" x, The 3 blade is the best option for speed. Now, in the performance world and the quest for speed, a properly setup boat is the fastest when the prop blades that are above the prop shaft during the rotation are actually not in the water. So lets use a 6 blade wheel for argument sake since we're on 3 blades, a 6 blade prop with a high x dimension, on plane, with the water line at prop centerline, still only has 3 blades in the water at any given time, but those 3 blades in the water are available to move water double the time, twice as much without adding any drag. When you watch videos of gofast hardware shooting 15ft rooster tales, theyre not showing off, those blades are leaving the water and spraying water in the process. As you raise propshaft heights u can increase the number of blades without adding blade surface in the water but adding available the usable blade surface during the props rotation. You can still run a 4 blade on a deep drive but the added blade surface will cost speed while gaining load carrying ability. I have a 7" x on my boat and it takes a significant amount of trim to turn some of the prop out of the water and see numbers above 75 mph.

sorry if this crap ain't clear, went off on a tangent. who knows if I even answered your question lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JerseyOutlaw; 04-07-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    "Fine Whine"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JerseyOutlaw For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (04-14-2018), jefflee1988sunsport (04-09-2018), Kefurr (04-09-2018)

Boat

Thanks

The trim I need to run above 75

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JerseyOutlaw For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (04-14-2018), jefflee1988sunsport (04-09-2018)

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1999 Baja 25 Outlaw
    Thanks

One more stupid question,will I need a new hub kit for the bravo 1 prop? I was about to purchase a new hub kit, but the new hub kit lists that it is compatible with the Bravo 1 and the Mirage Plus

Boat

1997 BAJA 272
    Thanks

One more stupid question,will I need a new hub kit for the bravo 1 prop? I was about to purchase a new hub kit, but the new hub kit lists that it is compatible with the Bravo 1 and the Mirage Plus
    As long it’s the metal solid hub and not the plastic one. Personally for me, new prop, new hub...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Adam
    '97 BAJA 272
    Oneida Lake, NY

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SEA-NYLE For This Useful Post:

JerseyOutlaw (04-08-2018)

Boat

Thanks

No stupid questions here, we all help each other. I bought this one for my 28 bravo, but it's rubber because the prop had the hub I just needed the splined sleeve

Part number is 835257Q 1

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JerseyOutlaw; 04-08-2018 at 05:31 AM.
    "Fine Whine"

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyOutlaw View Post
    Define better? n, Whatcha got now?

I am no expert, but these are my thoughts. These Baja's mostly were produced with deep x dimensions, Hawkeye is the only dealer im aware of that custom ordered drive heights from Baja. An x dimension is the difference between the prop shaft centerline and the bottom of the hull if you can image those creating 2 parallel lines. Prop blade surface and pitch puts significant load on the motor. A 3 blade Mirage plus prop is the fastest because the entire prop is submerged even when on plane on a Baja, with lets say a deep 8" x, The 3 blade is the best option for speed. Now, in the performance world and the quest for speed, a properly setup boat is the fastest when the prop blades that are above the prop shaft during the rotation are actually not in the water. So lets use a 6 blade wheel for argument sake since we're on 3 blades, a 6 blade prop with a high x dimension, on plane, with the water line at prop centerline, still only has 3 blades in the water at any given time, but those 3 blades in the water are available to move water double the time, twice as much without adding any drag. When you watch videos of gofast hardware shooting 15ft rooster tales, theyre not showing off, those blades are leaving the water and spraying water in the process. As you raise propshaft heights u can increase the number of blades without adding blade surface in the water but adding available the usable blade surface during the props rotation. You can still run a 4 blade on a deep drive but the added blade surface will cost speed while gaining load carrying ability. I have a 7" x on my boat and it takes a significant amount of trim to turn some of the prop out of the water and see numbers above 75 mph.

sorry if this crap ain't clear, went off on a tangent. who knows if I even answered your question lol
    Great Explanation
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anchorman For This Useful Post:

Nailit (04-16-2018)