Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Moving from Fresh to Saltwater!

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2008 Baja 202 Islander
    Thanks

Re: Moving from Fresh to Saltwater!

Now for my next question!!! What are some great places to boat to? Somewhere to eat and dock up to?

Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

look up the beach in fort meyers at lanikaisland resort .lot of boats on the beach and plenty of places to eat and drink. its a little past sarasota but worth the trip looking at a few outlaws and water is glass

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jefflee1988sunsport For This Useful Post:

brupska (11-27-2018)

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2008 Baja 202 Islander
    Thanks

Well we have been in St. Petersburg a week now and still haven't been out on the water! To much new to us house work to do and my closed cooling kit hasn't got here yet! We can't wait to get out on the bay!!!!

Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brupska View Post
    Well we have been in St. Petersburg a week now and still haven't been out on the water! To much new to us house work to do and my closed cooling kit hasn't got here yet! We can't wait to get out on the bay!!!!

dont blame you,moving is stressfull and and far as getting out on the water ,i understand . with the 272 being put away perfect ,would love to pick it up and head to florida, weather in ind is terrible this year

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2004 Baja 340 Sportfish
    Thanks

Brupska, welcome to Florida!

I am just north of you in Palm Harbor. Been here for 15 years after finally realizing Wisconsin is too damn cold.

1st thing you need to be aware of is that we have a lot of shallow water. I got grounded my very first time out.
    A good chartplotter is your best friend!
    If you head north up the intercoastal you will find Clearwater Beach, Honeymoon Island, 3 Rooker and Anclote islands. I am just east of 3 Rooker with my 340 Sportfish.
    Don't know if you fish, but there's some great fishing around here! Good luck!

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCtsV View Post
    Brupska, welcome to Florida!

I am just north of you in Palm Harbor. Been here for 15 years after finally realizing Wisconsin is too damn cold.

1st thing you need to be aware of is that we have a lot of shallow water. I got grounded my very first time out.
    A good chartplotter is your best friend!
    If you head north up the intercoastal you will find Clearwater Beach, Honeymoon Island, 3 Rooker and Anclote islands. I am just east of 3 Rooker with my 340 Sportfish.
    Don't know if you fish, but there's some great fishing around here! Good luck!
    Nice boat! My buddy has a 250 and I like it, I'm imagining how cool the 340 must be... I love where I'm at but hope one day to escape the cold too

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JerseyOutlaw For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (01-07-2019)

Boat

Thanks

i am hoping this will be my last winter in Indiana, tired of the cold damp rainy days that seem to just go right threw you and hurt. i thought about Kentucky but that seems to came to an end,so it will be Carolina's.
    or Florida again.started doing alot of work on the house so either it will sell or just keep it for summer since i am close to lake Michigan and 5 minutes to cedar lake,seems like the best of 2 worlds

the off season house rebuilding is getting old ,not something i like to do but needed to be done.have to go home and live on plastic and dust.i did hire some help this year to get it done,still want to make it to boat show next week.after yesterday bears loss,have to find something to get be threw the rest of winter although we still have had no snow and the shop is slow.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2008 Baja 202 Islander
    Thanks

I have most of the HoneyDo list done!! I installed the Closed Cooling system and fixed all the gel coat spots on my 202 Islander!! I also have the trailer fixed after a flat tire took out the fender last summer!! The Islander is ready for the Salt. I don't know if I am. I know to stay in the Channels but I need to learn a lot about my area!! I will be putting in at Bay Pines Boat ramp most of the time. I only live 1.5 miles from that ramp! This weekend should be our first time out in the Bay!! I can't wait!!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brupska For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (02-08-2019), JerseyOutlaw (02-08-2019)

Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brupska View Post
    I have most of the HoneyDo list done!! I installed the Closed Cooling system and fixed all the gel coat spots on my 202 Islander!! I also have the trailer fixed after a flat tire took out the fender last summer!! The Islander is ready for the Salt. I don't know if I am. I know to stay in the Channels but I need to learn a lot about my area!! I will be putting in at Bay Pines Boat ramp most of the time. I only live 1.5 miles from that ramp! This weekend should be our first time out in the Bay!! I can't wait!!!

are you sure you wont miss Indiana, it is 7 degrees with a strong wind but sunny. Sunday and most of next week will be more snow. have fun ...

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2008 Baja 202 Islander
    Thanks

Nope!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brupska For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (02-12-2019), jefflee1988sunsport (02-10-2019), JerseyOutlaw (02-10-2019)