Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: Switch panel inactive

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Supporter
    Boat

2005 Baja 23' Outlaw
    Thanks

Switch panel inactive

Went to put the boat in the water today for first time this season. Due to my travel schedule I had a local dealer "summarize" it ready to launch. Lo and behold I back it in and while the outdrive trim works, the engine turns over and the guages light up when I turn the ignition key on - none of the instrument panel switches work. No blower, horn, lights, etc.

This is a 23' Outlaw and I checked the main breaker under the back seat and all seems well. I'm betting it's something simple I'm just overlooking but haven't been able to come up with it. All was well when I took it out of the water last fall and no one's touched it until the summarization.

Anyone have any suggestions I could try before taking back to the dealer and telling them to figure out what they didn't check? Would really like NOT to have to do that if at all possible. I'm not done looking but there's a huge amount of brainpower I'd like to leverage here on the forum to try to make this quick and simple. Appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer! Thanks in advance!

Scoitt

Baja Supporter
    Boat

2005 Baja 23' Outlaw
    Thanks

Re: Switch panel inactive

Well, this one's a nvm. Walked out this morning thinking this has to be something simple. And it was. Hadn't properly reset the tab on the main breaker under the rear seat by the electrical on/off switch. Had hit the button but not flipped the tab back up. Did that and all is OK. I'll get it out on the water today to wring everything else out. But did have a nice day out on the jetski yesterday...so glad I had the extra toy to play with.

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: Switch panel inactive

Quote Originally Posted by bajabuoy View Post
    Went to put the boat in the water today for first time this season. Due to my travel schedule I had a local dealer "summarize" it ready to launch. Lo and behold I back it in and while the outdrive trim works, the engine turns over and the guages light up when I turn the ignition key on - none of the instrument panel switches work. No blower, horn, lights, etc.

This is a 23' Outlaw and I checked the main breaker under the back seat and all seems well. I'm betting it's something simple I'm just overlooking but haven't been able to come up with it. All was well when I took it out of the water last fall and no one's touched it until the summarization.

Anyone have any suggestions I could try before taking back to the dealer and telling them to figure out what they didn't check? Would really like NOT to have to do that if at all possible. I'm not done looking but there's a huge amount of brainpower I'd like to leverage here on the forum to try to make this quick and simple. Appreciate any feedback anyone has to offer! Thanks in advance!

Scoitt
    There's 1 or 2 breakers on the motor. The helm/dash is wired to the engine harness and that's also were it gets its power from. Reset those breakers if they are tripped.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JerseyOutlaw For This Useful Post:

bajabuoy (06-16-2018)