Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Electrical craziness

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Supporter
    Boat

1998 Baja 252
    Thanks

Re: Electrical craziness

When the boat shuts off I lose all power including to the dash/gauges. I ended up taking boat to my mechanic and he troubleshot it to a bad kill switch. He replaced the kill switch and said all is working fine now.
    We shall see the next time out. Hopefully this clears up my electrical problems. Thanks for all the replies.

Pauly

Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    When the boat shuts off I lose all power including to the dash/gauges. I ended up taking boat to my mechanic and he troubleshot it to a bad kill switch. He replaced the kill switch and said all is working fine now.
    We shall see the next time out. Hopefully this clears up my electrical problems. Thanks for all the replies.

Pauly
    Hope so... Had this problem too!! Lol. But started once we were about 25 miles from launch headed across lake Pontchartrain!! Since I have twins, it was kind of weird, started to slow down a little and realized I was missing an engine.. It did it twice and my brother in law held the clip and it worked. He tore off a piece of his cigarette pack and folded to stick between the clip and he button.
    Worked great.... then I changed both switches and clips to be sure.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nailit For This Useful Post:

Pauly (08-30-2018)

Charter Member #43
    Boat

2003 Baja 342 Performance
    Thanks

Baja = Electrical Funhouse

I put in new gages 4 months ago. Not a single reading is the same as the old gages. I simply dont know if the new gages are right or the old gages were right.

Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keith342 View Post
    Baja = Electrical Funhouse

I put in new gages 4 months ago. Not a single reading is the same as the old gages. I simply dont know if the new gages are right or the old gages were right.
    Use the ones that show better #s!!! Lmao! yep, wiring was a mess! Jumpers everywhere!! it was fun when I did my new dash, what sucks is I will probably do it again. Vinyl wrap on dash still looks good, but I know I need to do it again and hydrodip.

Charter Member #43
    Boat

2003 Baja 342 Performance
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nailit View Post
    Use the ones that show better #s!!! Lmao! yep, wiring was a mess! Jumpers everywhere!! it was fun when I did my new dash, what sucks is I will probably do it again. Vinyl wrap on dash still looks good, but I know I need to do it again and hydrodip.
    Yeah, thats what I did. I had black carbon fiber and upgraded to silver carbon fiber.