Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: Corsa exhaust OFF in CLosed position, can I change to OPEN position?

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Corsa exhaust OFF in CLosed position, can I change to OPEN position?

Ok, this has always bothered me.
    Currently, Exhaust is CLOSED when OFF. When you crank, you have to press the switch to OPEN the exhaust. Read also... “remember” to turn OFF and ON every time you stop or its drawing on batteries to hold open.

So, I was looking around and thought I would see research if I could switch them. I found some repair parts and upon looking at the shafts that hold the flap, it looks like I can take apart and flip them?

If you hold both shafts up (shaft is lever that goes through exhaust and holds the flapper and is what the solenoid pulls on) so if hold them in the 12 o’clock position, 1 side has the flapper holes in the 10 o’clock position and the other in the 2 o’clock position...

So if I swap sides the flapp orientation should turn from closed to open? Has anyone taken these apart?

Draw ? Pic attached showing what I am thinking...

Boat

2000 Baja 212 Islander, 383 MPI
    Thanks

Re: Corsa exhaust OFF in CLosed position, can I change to OPEN position?

Quote Originally Posted by Nailit View Post
    Ok, this has always bothered me.
    Currently, Exhaust is CLOSED when OFF. When you crank, you have to press the switch to OPEN the exhaust. Read also... “remember” to turn OFF and ON every time you stop or its drawing on batteries to hold open.

So, I was looking around and thought I would see research if I could switch them. I found some repair parts and upon looking at the shafts that hold the flap, it looks like I can take apart and flip them?

If you hold both shafts up (shaft is lever that goes through exhaust and holds the flapper and is what the solenoid pulls on) so if hold them in the 12 o’clock position, 1 side has the flapper holes in the 10 o’clock position and the other in the 2 o’clock position...

So if I swap sides the flapp orientation should turn from closed to open? Has anyone taken these apart?

Draw ? Pic attached showing what I am thinking...
    I’m not sure if that will work or not. I am kind of following you, but I would need to look at mine for a better visual. My captain’s call turns off with ignition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stude View Post
    I’m not sure if that will work or not. I am kind of following you, but I would need to look at mine for a better visual. My captain’s call turns off with ignition.

Mine is just a switch, I called Corsa Marine and got VM, then I emailed them, but no answer yet.

Boat

2000 Baja 212 Islander, 383 MPI
    Thanks

Mine is just a switch, I called Corsa Marine and got VM, then I emailed them, but no answer yet.
    Sorry, meant the switch that turns my captains call on and off is powered by the ignition.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stude View Post
    Sorry, meant the switch that turns my captains call on and off is powered by the ignition.

Yep, mine is the same way, but after 98, they started making them Open in the Off position... so I read.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Has anyone removed the corsa? Looks like a project!! 😏
    Hoses will be stuck and not much room to play with.
    Looks like i would need to remove tips also.

Boat

2000 Baja 272
    Thanks

Corsa exhaust OFF in CLosed position, can I change to OPEN position?

Has anyone removed the corsa? Looks like a project!! 😏
    Hoses will be stuck and not much room to play with.
    Looks like i would need to remove tips also.

I have, think I cut the coupler hose at the manifold then you can get them out without removing the tips
    And yeah you’ll swear someone figured out how to weld rubber they’ll be stuck so much

Call Corsa and get the orings that seal the shafts. They’ll be hard as a rock and Corsa usually just mails them to you no charge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kefurr; 11-04-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kefurr View Post
    I have, think I cut the coupler hose at the manifold then you can get them out without removing the tips
    And yeah you’ll swear someone figured out how to weld rubber they’ll be stuck so much

Call Corsa and get the orings that seal the shafts. They’ll be hard as a rock and Corsa usually just mails them to you no charge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    So corsa replied back this a.m. They said its possible BUT, to have flaps open at off, there is a pin that goes across the exhaust that the open flap rests on. He said that would have to be welded in.

Hmmm ok, I can do that but I will need to take apart first and see for my self why its needed. I can only assume its a bump stop but dont have vision of why i would need it to reverse what I have.
    Definitely turned into a bigger project than I thought...

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

So corsa replied back this a.m. They said its possible BUT, to have flaps open at off, there is a pin that goes across the exhaust that the open flap rests on. He said that would have to be welded in.

Hmmm ok, I can do that but I will need to take apart first and see for my self why its needed. I can only assume its a bump stop but dont have vision of why i would need it to reverse what I have.
    Definitely turned into a bigger project than I thought...
    If you need a set I have a set of 4 splitter pipe and quick and quiet sets. that I think are good. I am going to throw them away one of these days if no one takes them. Pay for the ride and they are yours. Orrrrrrrrrrrr remedy the problem correctly now that your keeping your boat. Buy some boxes and some shorties, remove captains call and enjoy the difference oh and put some 380 tabs on there..... at least that's what I would do. nothing like a buddy to spend your spare cash.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchorman For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (11-06-2018), Nailit (11-06-2018)

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    If you need a set I have a set of 4 splitter pipe and quick and quiet sets. that I think are good. I am going to throw them away one of these days if no one takes them. Pay for the ride and they are yours. Orrrrrrrrrrrr remedy the problem correctly now that your keeping your boat. Buy some boxes and some shorties, remove captains call and enjoy the difference oh and put some 380 tabs on there..... at least that's what I would do. nothing like a buddy to spend your spare cash.
    Man, you are the best!! I texted you also. After Jersey swapped his plate, I have been on the look out for those too.
    Last edited by Nailit; 11-06-2018 at 10:22 AM.