2001 BAJA 302
    Oneida Lake, NY

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SEA-NYLE For This Useful Post:

J-Time (12-04-2018)

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Re: Fix or fail - bbo dead or what

I will try to get an idea of what it will cost to repair. Honestly site funding by all the active members is about this only way that BBO can stay online. I am slammed packed the next few weeks but will try to keep you all updated.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anchorman For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (12-07-2018), J-Time (12-05-2018), jefflee1988sunsport (12-05-2018), SEA-NYLE (12-05-2018), wwolfe (12-04-2018)

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,119 Posts

I like it here but I'm just a forum whore! Quiet for a bit but ive been crazy busy moving for the past couple of weeks. Ive been asked before but I have nothing to do with the startup of BBO. I'm willing to moderate brother. I get it tho. With no money, BBO doesn't exist. I'm familiar with domain cost. I've talked about this a few months ago but I have a friend at work who owns Offshore Fisherman forums who is willing to lend a hand

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JerseyOutlaw For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (12-07-2018), J-Time (12-06-2018), markqm (12-06-2018), Nailit (12-06-2018), SEA-NYLE (12-08-2018)

Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

i also talked to my older brother that is a programmer and gets sent to Holland and other cool places often to set up new programs and repair ones that are messed up, this is tjhe only site that can keep my interest for more than 5 mininits so the only other way i am on a computer is to write estimates ,he is more than willing to help you and works out of his home several days a week ,but would have to talk to you directly ,i would not be good as a third party.do not know anything about the cost but would be willing to kick in some $ to help getting it up and keep it .i also understand the 60 hour week ,i will be on these hours till after winter

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jefflee1988sunsport For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (12-07-2018), J-Time (12-06-2018), markqm (12-11-2018), Nailit (12-06-2018), SEA-NYLE (12-08-2018)

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2000 Baja 29 Outlaw
    Thanks

I have run / owned websites in the past. I can offer some help as well. If the site needs to be reloaded, maybe moving to a cheaper hosting (I have used ipage in the past) would be a good thing.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spazz For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (12-07-2018), J-Time (12-06-2018), jefflee1988sunsport (12-06-2018), JerseyOutlaw (12-07-2018), markqm (12-11-2018), SEA-NYLE (12-08-2018)

Baja Supporter
    Boat

1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Thanks

I used to run the International Falconry Forum for a few yrs. I am more than willing to help out and contribute some cash. I have learned so much from guys on here! I would not want this place to just sunset....
    Last edited by Gregmik; 12-07-2018 at 02:02 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gregmik For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (12-07-2018), JerseyOutlaw (12-07-2018), markqm (12-11-2018), SEA-NYLE (12-08-2018), wwolfe (12-08-2018)

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

I appreciate all the offers. Let me do a little digging so we can utilize those that can help. It will take me a few days as I am not the guy that has been running the tech side. If you all can give me a little bit I will see what I can come up with. This may become more For Baja Owners by Baja Owners site.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anchorman For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (12-11-2018), jefflee1988sunsport (12-08-2018), markqm (12-11-2018), Nailit (12-09-2018), spazz (12-10-2018)

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I appreciate all the offers. Let me do a little digging so we can utilize those that can help. It will take me a few days as I am not the guy that has been running the tech side. If you all can give me a little bit I will see what I can come up with. This may become more For Baja Owners by Baja Owners site.
    I like it!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

Charter Member #11 IrishTornado's Avatar
    Boat

1992 Baja .38 Special Edition
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,304 Times in 871 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Ok so everyone is on the same page and working towards and end goal here is where this stands. At the conception of BBO there were 4 original owners. Two of those stepped away from boating several years ago. The third has had some life changes in the past year and has put boating on the back seat at least for a bit and has not been that involved with the site. I am the last owner that is active on the site. We have done tried to do maintenance on the site and have found corrupt files. To remedy this we will need to completely reload the site. This is expensive and outside of my expertise. The other members shall remain nameless and am trying to deal with this issue while working 60+ hours a week along with the family and holiday season has become very difficult. We have limited resources, in all honesty our loyalty to the vendors that supported us in the beginning have been kept on without paying as active membership has dwindled and the Sponsor's were not seeing any return directly from the site so they are used as a resource than a sponsor. I am all about keeping this site up and running but I cannot do it myself. I cant just throw money at it as I don't have a pile sitting around. I can and will look into what it will cost to fix the site, do required maintenance, and keep our site registered but this is not a site of 100's or thousands. it is a site of a few so to keep this site I can offer that once I know what the cost is I will let you all know and we can see if we can COOP this site. I am not in it for the money and honestly the only reason We are here if for all of us. I will work to keep this up if you all want to participate. It is the best I can offer. It was not my intension to open who I am but trying to be open and transparent.
    Well I figured since Anchorman came out of the closet as one of the original 4 owners. I'd come out as well. I'm one of the last 2 remaining owners of BBO and as Anchorman stated I've had some changes in my life that have caused me to step away from boating and put my boat up for sale. The original 4 members put a lot of money to get it off the ground and since then Anchorman and myself have contributed countless hours and money to keep this site active. Although based on the paying membership forums like this have went the way of the dodo. And places like Facebook and other social media venues have killed the forums especially ones brand specific. We've noticed most people that sign up for the site come here and get the answers they need and then never come back to contribute or help fund the forum. I've asked Anchorman the last 3 years if we should keep it going and we both agreed our love for the brand and membership that we should, but as we all know you can't feed a dead horse.

I'll admit I haven't spent a lot of time with the site lately.

I'm the guy that has been monitoring the tech side of things and learned that the forum has become corrupt on the server due to a hack. The guy that was helping me with the tech side of things has gotten extremely busy in his life as he has older kids and between that and his job he has no spare time. I have contacted a friend of mine as well as Godaddy to see if we can remedy this situation, but as Anchorman stated the sponsors have long left the building we have just kept them up because they were loyal to us in the beginning.

I've looked at the SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP and last year there were only 15 members. That's $225.00 for the year less Paypal fees hate to break it to those people involved in the site still but that's not even enough to keep the server running.

So as you can see we are trying to keep it going but with limited funds it's become a job rather than a hobby. I will continue to work to get the site repaired and back up and running but without more paying membership or financial support the outcome is obvious.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IrishTornado For This Useful Post:

bigjack232 (12-21-2018), Gregmik (12-11-2018), J-Time (12-14-2018), jefflee1988sunsport (12-11-2018), wwolfe (12-11-2018)

Boat

1999 Baja 272 Islander
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTornado View Post
    ..............................................I've looked at the SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP and last year there were only 15 members. That's $225.00 for the year less Paypal fees hate to break it to those people involved in the site still but that's not even enough to keep the server running. .................................................. ..without more paying membership or financial support the outcome is obvious.
    No surprise to me that you were part of it - and when you sold your boat and stopped posting - that was a drop off of probably half of the posts - so boundless gratitude to you for all the advice over the years and the support to the board.

I was a part of another board for many years (BMW M5) and that also went through ups and downs - but their brand continues - obviously wider audience, our problem is that our brand died - so not a growing market of Baja boat owners. Mainly because their isn't the interest in this kind of boat as in years past - right now - as tragically people want party barges - - so maybe we need to target/bring in other powerboat brand owners (Donzi/Fountain ... ?) to expand the base...

...I hope it continues - somehow in some form. I just paid my dues - sad it's only 15 of us...
    Last edited by markqm; 12-11-2018 at 11:05 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to markqm For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (12-11-2018)