Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: What is a reasonable fee to pay for a forum membership?

Share/Bookmark
    Boat

1992 Baja 208 Islander
    Thanks

What is a reasonable fee to pay for a forum membership?

It came as a shock to hear that we only have 15 paying members on this site. FAR more people use the site so...yeah, wow...'nuff said, huh?

So that brings up a question: what are people willing to pay? Oh gosh...yep, I said it...PAY. Oh, sure...there is an option on BBO to be a paying member but not too many are manning up to that.

Most of the other forums I am on have similar fees to a LOT more. The Seadoo forum I am on is $99 for a two year subscription. Several other car and truck forum I subscribe to are anywhere from $15 per year to $29 per year.

I really enjoy this site...I don't 'do' Facebook or Twitter or any of the modern social media outlets...just not for me. But I do enjoy coming here and discussing things amongst people that I consider friends even though I've not met in person the majority of the members. It's a fun place to hang out, discuss boats and/or anything else.

I'd have no problem with an increased membership fee if it would help the site. I, like many others here have stated, have been in roles in various organizations/clubs that required a lot of effort for little reward...so I fully understand what Anchorman and Irish are talking about.

Would a higher fee KILL the forum membership off completely? It seems that most of the members here are pretty "well off", and have some fairly liberal disposable income. God knows boats are an expensive lifestyle, lol. Anyway, I would hate to see the site go away, and am willing to entertain options to keep it up and hopefully GROWING.

Greg
    Table Rock Lake is my home away from home, and big block power rules.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tablerocker For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (03-06-2019), IrishTornado (03-02-2019), J-Time (03-02-2019), jefflee1988sunsport (03-03-2019), Nailit (03-02-2019)

Boat

2008 Baja 30 Outlaw
    Thanks

Re: What is a reasonable fee to pay for a forum membership?

Agree with the above post, I'd pay more per year no problem at all. This is still a great little forum and heck, most of the time I feel like I know everyone but honestly I've not met any of you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J-Time For This Useful Post:

BajaBoatOwners (03-03-2019), IrishTornado (03-02-2019)

Boat

1998 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

yep, Iíd probably pay more, I dont even remember what the dues are!! Lol

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nailit For This Useful Post:

BajaBoatOwners (03-03-2019), IrishTornado (03-02-2019), wwolfe (03-02-2019)

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2003 Baja Boss 302
    Thanks

I agree I would pay more too. I as well am not on Facebook or any social media. Just BBO, totally Yamaha, yellowbullet and couple car forums. If I need Facebook I use my wife's but have no interest . Dont want to see this site die. Learned a lot of here and found my 302 on here too from IT!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wwolfe For This Useful Post:

BajaBoatOwners (03-03-2019), Gregmik (03-06-2019), IrishTornado (03-02-2019), jefflee1988sunsport (03-03-2019)

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,156 Posts

Most of us would pony up, but many have complained over the yrs about memberships.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JerseyOutlaw For This Useful Post:

BajaBoatOwners (03-03-2019), IrishTornado (03-02-2019), tablerocker (03-04-2019)

Boat

2000 Baja 212 Islander, 383 MPI
    Thanks

I would definitely pay more and what the others are saying they pay on these other sites doesnít sound bad to me. As far as what would attract others to join with a paying membership, Iím not sure, but maybe could get some hooked by giving a short free trial. I too consider lot of members on here friends. You just donít get the same vibe on the Facebook Baja sites as you do here. I think some of the other members that Iíve seen on the Facebook sites could say that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stude For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (03-06-2019), IrishTornado (03-02-2019), jefflee1988sunsport (03-03-2019)

Boat

ALL Baja ALL Models
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tablerocker View Post
    It came as a shock to hear that we only have 15 paying members on this site. FAR more people use the site so...yeah, wow...'nuff said, huh?

So that brings up a question: what are people willing to pay? Oh gosh...yep, I said it...PAY. Oh, sure...there is an option on BBO to be a paying member but not too many are manning up to that.

Most of the other forums I am on have similar fees to a LOT more. The Seadoo forum I am on is $99 for a two year subscription. Several other car and truck forum I subscribe to are anywhere from $15 per year to $29 per year.

I really enjoy this site...I don't 'do' Facebook or Twitter or any of the modern social media outlets...just not for me. But I do enjoy coming here and discussing things amongst people that I consider friends even though I've not met in person the majority of the members. It's a fun place to hang out, discuss boats and/or anything else.

I'd have no problem with an increased membership fee if it would help the site. I, like many others here have stated, have been in roles in various organizations/clubs that required a lot of effort for little reward...so I fully understand what Anchorman and Irish are talking about.

Would a higher fee KILL the forum membership off completely? It seems that most of the members here are pretty "well off", and have some fairly liberal disposable income. God knows boats are an expensive lifestyle, lol. Anyway, I would hate to see the site go away, and am willing to entertain options to keep it up and hopefully GROWING.

Greg
    I just looked at the complete history or subscribers and to date we have 16 paying members and a total of 207 from inception of this forum. That includes everyone that has renewed or is still a current member since 2010.
    For Owners, By Owners

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BajaBoatOwners For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (03-06-2019), tablerocker (03-04-2019)

Boat

1999 Baja 272 Islander
    Thanks

...I would pay more. Look - we all have B.O.A.T.s - - - Bring Out Another Thousand

...the information stored here / the community should be maintained.

...so its a no brainer.

...and - especially if it helps - as in - I'm wondering if we can migrate to another platform - that is not occasionally dealing with technical issues - or (for too long) preventing pics from being loaded

16. The Following User Says Thank You to markqm For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (03-14-2019)

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

hope we can get the issue resolved.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Anchorman For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (03-14-2019)

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1999 Baja 272 Performance 502 MAG/MPI
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    hope we can get the issue resolved.
    I have not paid, in the last year I believe. However, I would contribute again as long as I know the site will be around.