Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: Time for a new cover

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

Time for a new cover

getting the 272 out next week but the full cover is really hard to water proof and is heavy and a pain to put on by myself some times.it looks more like a cloth like you see on expensive convertibles. the place that did the new roof last year was great but i really do not want to make that trip this year and there is not any one out by me that can get it done without it sitting for 1/2 the season, any suggestions would really help .remember my 272 has a custom one off windshield. if i have to go back to iowa i probably would have the cock pit cover made new also so the snaps line up and have hawk eye do a quick check up.right now it is a problem with time ,pulling over 60 hour weeks and 6 days a week but am healthy finally lol. thanks. also does any one know were to get the straps that hold the cover on the boat ,the one i have now has the loops for that .i was spoiled from the sunsport that snapped on perfect even at 80 mph on highway .

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Re: Time for a new cover

To waterproof put your waterproof spray in a weed sprayer put the cover on the boat and and tape off below it for a bit. get a step ladder and spray the cover evenly. Leave the cover on until it dries. This will help keep it from shrinking and allow you to get better and more even coverage. I would reapply again and let dry prior to removing the cover.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchorman For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (04-30-2019), Kefurr (05-02-2019)

Boat

2008 baja 26 Outlaw
    Thanks

might want to clean it first , mild soap , soft brush

5. The Following User Says Thank You to INDAWIND For This Useful Post:

Kefurr (05-02-2019)

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,168 Times in 1,212 Posts

I took the plunge get a new covers made, thankfully he's a friend of mine who made them. I had the cockpit cover and a full cover made out of Sunbrella canvas. I kinda regret waiting on a full mourning cover, I shoulda did it yrs ago. I'm impressed with the quality of the craftsmanship. He probably made 10+ or so visits to my boat between both covers fitting them, and the last was the snaps.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

i will take all your advise .clean it first and leave it on the boat this time and waterproof it until the decision to replace.i do have an appointment to bring it to the shop on june 16 and pick it up the next week end.i think it because they are also starting to look a little dated.that means 2 weekends lost.will see when the time comes so for next week i will try all your advise and see how it works ,thanks