Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: Indiana weather renlentless

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

Indiana weather renlentless

We just can not get a break this year yet. weather came threw yesterday like a hurricane with hail and 60mph winds and very heavy rain. forcast is the same for friday , saturday and severe storms again on sunday ,so plans on getting the boat picked up this week end are over again. very disappointed. after pulling the hours at work that i have to ,would just like a day out on the boat.

Boat

2008 Baja 30 Outlaw
    Thanks

Re: Indiana weather renlentless

Jeff your correct, been a rough spring so far in Indiana. At least the weather is looking decent for the holiday weekend.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J-Time For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (05-20-2019), JerseyOutlaw (05-20-2019)

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

NE Kansas is seeing record rains again. Looks like '93 all over again. that was supposed to be a 1000 year flood. If this doesnt stop its going to get bad for alot more folks.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anchorman For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (05-20-2019), JerseyOutlaw (05-20-2019)

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Lake back home in Kansas is about 9' from having the lake topped out. They either open up the spillway or the main outflow of the dam. Supposedly with as much water is in the lake once its open they stay open as they cant get them closed. Like Table Rocker Said more coming in than can go out and everyone down stream suffers badly if they do. Havent seen rain like this since 93 and it may be worse than that depending on how long this rain stays. Couldnt buy a drop of rain last year.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

Boat

Thanks

Feel bad for a lot of people that are really in bad shape with all this rain. the complete holiday week end was a wash with tornados touching down a few miles from us.have not had one full nice day to get my boat out and get the pump replaced.if we get one day in a row with out storms i will just have to try and take off a day and get it done ,water level so high on our lakes that boat came off there slips and others pulled there docks apart. And i thought this season was going to be easy compared to last lol.that is all i can do .can not control things that are uncontrollable.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1999 Baja 272 Performance 502 MAG/MPI
    Thanks

I have a place ON lake Superior and I have not seen the water this high ever. The flood gates in Sault ste Marie, which controls the flow to Lake Michigan is flowing heavily. We did get alot of snow the last couple of years, but I heard it's because of the 100 year storms. We had alot of big storms last fall and it rained alot until Winter came. Erosion of the land has taken place everywhere.. I could show you pics of the water level where it was 8-10 feet below normal and it was gross to look at. The news was, the water would never come back. Well it has and with a vengeance.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sledfreak For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (05-29-2019)

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2000 Baja 212 Islander, 383 MPI
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sledfreak View Post
    I have a place ON lake Superior and I have not seen the water this high ever. The flood gates in Sault ste Marie, which controls the flow to Lake Michigan is flowing heavily. We did get alot of snow the last couple of years, but I heard it's because of the 100 year storms. We had alot of big storms last fall and it rained alot until Winter came. Erosion of the land has taken place everywhere.. I could show you pics of the water level where it was 8-10 feet below normal and it was gross to look at. The news was, the water would never come back. Well it has and with a vengeance.
    I seen something on National Geographic channel or one of those other channels and they had a show on Lake Superior and how the water has been getting lower and lower. I remember them saying it wouldn’t get better, but looks like they were wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stude For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (05-30-2019)

Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stude View Post
    I seen something on National Geographic channel or one of those other channels and they had a show on Lake Superior and how the water has been getting lower and lower. I remember them saying it wouldn’t get better, but looks like they were wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lets hope next month we do not get hit with the no boating on indiana lakes this season again because of flooding.

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,416 Times in 1,289 Posts

I've been watching some videos. Crazy stuff... I feel for everyone affected. Even Gull Island in Michigan is submerged. That's where we hung out out that way. We got here what you had a probably 2 days ago yesterday. Wishing the best for you guys out there going forward.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JerseyOutlaw For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (05-30-2019), tablerocker (05-30-2019)