Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: Back up bilge pump

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

Back up bilge pump

Hello guys , i am installing a back up bilge pump in the 272 for 2 reasons. 1st reason is the set up that is in my boat now ,it would have to have about 8 inches of water before it kicks on.it has a plunger mounted in front of the balancer and the pump is higher.so when i lift the plunger ,it does not kick on till it is almost all the way up. second reason is do not want to get out on lake michigan with out a back up. so the new one is an all in one set up and i have a t hose with check valves so i do not have to put another hole in the boat.new pump has 3 wires,1st to battery, second to grond and a third that i think is to turn it on at will. my question is can i wire it in with the other one or should i wire it all separate. not the best at wiring so any advice would be great ,thanks

Boat

2000 Baja 272
    Thanks

Re: Back up bilge pump

Should be able to splice into the factory wiring. I would find the factory splice and cut the old crimp out and splice in the new pump, use ancor heat shrink butt connectors. Ancor even makes a step-down connector that would be great for your project, not sure the wire size for bilge but letís say it 16 ga in the boat get part number 320203 this is 16ga on one end and 14ga on the other

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kefurr For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (06-26-2019), JerseyOutlaw (06-27-2019)

Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

Re: Back up bilge pump

Quote Originally Posted by Kefurr View Post
    Should be able to splice into the factory wiring. I would find the factory splice and cut the old crimp out and splice in the new pump, use ancor heat shrink butt connectors. Ancor even makes a step-down connector that would be great for your project, not sure the wire size for bilge but letís say it 16 ga in the boat get part number 320203 this is 16ga on one end and 14ga on the other

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks kefurr,went easy and just makes me feel a little better to have a back up

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jefflee1988sunsport For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (06-27-2019), Kefurr (06-27-2019)