Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: Aftermarket ignition that will work with Alpha 1 shift inhibitor

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1997 Baja Islander
    Thanks

Aftermarket ignition that will work with Alpha 1 shift inhibitor

1997 Islander with a 5.7 and Alpha 1 my ignition module went bad and for the money of a new module I can buy a complete aftermaket ignition kit dist. Coil. And ignition module, and still have money left over. I was wondering if there is one that will work with the shift interrupter that will still cut off ignition for sa split second so the Alpha will shift without killing the engine all together. If so is there any special wiring that needs done. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 1,248 Posts

Re: Aftermarket ignition that will work with Alpha 1 shift inhibitor

Quote Originally Posted by Stripclub View Post
    1997 Islander with a 5.7 and Alpha 1 my ignition module went bad and for the money of a new module I can buy a complete aftermaket ignition kit dist. Coil. And ignition module, and still have money left over. I was wondering if there is one that will work with the shift interrupter that will still cut off ignition for sa split second so the Alpha will shift without killing the engine all together. If so is there any special wiring that needs done. Thanks to everyone in advance.
    What was the original module? Thunderbolt? They rarely ever go bad

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"