Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: ...where were you...9/11

Share/Bookmark
    Boat

1992 Baja 208 Islander
    Thanks

...where were you...9/11

I was in a meeting today with most of the other managers of my company. One of my co-workers said, "We should have a minute of silence in remembrance of that day", to which I said, "Yes, we should."

People started talking about "where they were that day", and the conversations were like, "I was in 11th grade math class', or "I was driving to work", or "I was right here in this office", and general chit chat and what not was going on. I looked over to my friend Joe C, who lives in NY and works for our sister company. Joe just quietly said, "I was at the World Trade Center." Silence fills the room.
    I finally blurt out, "What time?" And he says, "About 10:00 AM". And then, "I was there when the first tower came down..."

Jesus. What the hell do you say to THAT?
    Table Rock Lake is my home away from home, and big block power rules.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tablerocker For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (09-12-2019), JerseyOutlaw (09-11-2019)

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,409 Times in 1,286 Posts

Re: ...where were you...9/11

I grew up in a concrete paradise on the Jersey side of the Hudson River. I only moved to the beach in 2004 after having enough of the city life. I grew up looking at the Twin Towers thru the front windows of my house, and from the windows in my classrooms in high school. I was not there, but I watched them fall with my own eyes while I was at work at the same phone company job I still have today, was Bell Atlantic then, now Verizon... I've been to the towers many times, they were always open to the public.. The subway from Jersey, known as the "Path Train" had a train station in the WTC basement along with a full Mall of stores. We were always there cause a train ride was the easiest way into the city. We'd hit the roof top from time to time on the express elevator that went from the ground to the top at 25mph... So awesome... They used to hand out flyers with fun facts like the buildings moved 3ft in each direction, the fill from the excavation of WTC is now known as Battery Park NY, all the concrete used for WTC and you could build at 4ft wide side walk from NYC to the Florida Keys.. There was something about the glass but I can't remember what it was...

Anyhow, enough of that. What a somber horrific day that was... Unimaginable.. the loss of inocent life. People jumping from the 90th floor... Everything in this area was on lockdown, any road that had any access to the city, shutdown, the entire NJ side of the Hudson was turned into makeshift hospitals and rescue... And these motherfukcers said they would never forget.. But people forgot. Electing Anti American pieces of sh!t like Talib, Omar, and AOC... I'm just gonna stop here cause this will be an endless rant..

Godspeed to everyone who has passed away during 9/11. Many are still dying around here from the exposure to 9/11.. The Buildings were insulated and fire proofed with asbestos.. I meet between 2 and 5 people a year just by working at their house who are all fukced up, mentally and physically from 9/11 and as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Much respect to your buddy who was there Greg.. I couldn't imagine being there... I'm sure the death toll is staggering, not only the day of but post 9/11 as well... My friend's brother was killed in Iraq in 2004 and only joined the Marines because he took 9/11 personally. I could go on for hours..

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JerseyOutlaw; 09-11-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    "Fine Whine"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JerseyOutlaw For This Useful Post:

96TWC (09-11-2019), Gregmik (09-12-2019), jefflee1988sunsport (09-12-2019), tablerocker (09-12-2019)

Boat

1992 Baja 208 Islander
    Thanks

Jersey...I can almost see the towers through your eyes myself...so well you describe the sight. I was in NY the week before and have pictures of the WTC iconic architecture that I took as I walked by them. I'd been going to go to the top or maybe even eat at the Windows on the World restaurant Friday night but was told you had to have more formal apparel than the t-shirt and shorts I was wearing.

I still find it surreal that the Towers are gone...it just doesn't seem possible. And while there is an amazingly strong 'never forget' mindset amongst a lot of NY/NJ people, the rest of the world has largely moved on.

The staggering loss of life that day, especially by the Fire Department, is something that just makes your circuit breakers kick...incomprehensible.
    Table Rock Lake is my home away from home, and big block power rules.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2000 Baja 212 Islander, 383 MPI
    Thanks

I was at work shearing Down sheet metal at a fab shop where I currently still work. I was rocking out to a local rock station while I was working when a special report came over the radio. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Thought it was some sort of sick joke at first. The owners brought a tv into the break room where we later seen the second plane hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charter Member #43
    Boat

2003 Baja 342 Performance
    Thanks

I watched a few shows last night. One about "Angel is next" which was basically a mis-communication about shooting down Air Force One. I was always impartial about George Bush but when he is interviewd now about the events on 9/11 I really have respect for him more now than ever. He did a good job.

What had to be happeing on the on the 90th floors to jump out of a window. It pisses me off that everyone up there was in that position in the first place. Like Jersey, our country allowing Talib and Omar to act the way they do creates more hate than any candidate or hate group. They are just stoking a sharia law fire. Its unfortunate that 9/11 doesnt bring more patriotism - some jackazz will always claim that it creates an issue for the Muslim culture... wonder why.

God bless everyone that died needlessly on 9/11

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Thanks

It breaks my heart that ppl are forgetting this. It is even more surreal that ppl are claiming it was an inside job. I was working on a Comcast job putting cable in with a directional drill down by the airport. I stopped the drill to do something and thought about how quiet it was. There was no airport noise. I even made a comment about it to the guy I was working with. Then an inspector from the city came by and told us what was going on. Went to lunch then and watched as the towers came down....

I went to the memorial this summer, my first trip to NY. I doubt I will ever go back. I went to O'Hara's and had lunch. They have a photo album you can look at. I made it about 5 pages in and lost it. I had to close the album so I did not become a blubbering idiot.

I loved how the country came together on 9/12. I feel the libs are doing everything they can to break this country apart.