Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: a little more bad luck

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

a little more bad luck

as i had said when putting my boat away for season,i had a few medical problems starting.did not tell the doctor to much because i did not want to take the time away from going out on the boat.had test done last week and they came back double worst case scenario. it seems the knee came apart again and more serious is a very bad infection.so friday i will get the word on when and where but this will end my boating life unless i am able to keep her put away for a year and get lucky on recovery.i did have a great time this summer and wish you guys could fix me like you all help me fix the boat.on a good note ,neighbor had state farm and with american family really stepping up ,they did except responsibility and are taking care of the garage ,ss,suburban.and my brother has been great to cut all the trees up and clean the mess,so the 272 i think will be fore sale next summer.this will be a long recovery and a long time off ,i share this with you guys because of how much you have helped me threw the last few years,thanks

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1990 Baja 190 DSR
    Thanks

Re: a little more bad luck

I do not know if it is an option, but what about a knee replacement? The recovery is not that long for that?

I am just pulling at straws here bud, I do not want to see you have to give up the boat, you just got it!

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by jefflee1988sunsport View Post
    as i had said when putting my boat away for season,i had a few medical problems starting.did not tell the doctor to much because i did not want to take the time away from going out on the boat.had test done last week and they came back double worst case scenario. it seems the knee came apart again and more serious is a very bad infection.so friday i will get the word on when and where but this will end my boating life unless i am able to keep her put away for a year and get lucky on recovery.i did have a great time this summer and wish you guys could fix me like you all help me fix the boat.on a good note ,neighbor had state farm and with american family really stepping up ,they did except responsibility and are taking care of the garage ,ss,suburban.and my brother has been great to cut all the trees up and clean the mess,so the 272 i think will be fore sale next summer.this will be a long recovery and a long time off ,i share this with you guys because of how much you have helped me threw the last few years,thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gregmik For This Useful Post:

jefflee1988sunsport (10-11-2019)

Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmik View Post
    I do not know if it is an option, but what about a knee replacement? The recovery is not that long for that?

I am just pulling at straws here bud, I do not want to see you have to give up the boat, you just got it!

Greg

on am already on the second knee replacement on the same left knee with rods going almost from my ankle to hip,the infection is the worst of it ,after reading about it i had to quit,seems like a long period of torture and a chance of loosing the leg.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1996 Baja TWC
    Thanks

Wow sorry to hear about your knee but life will go on without a boat although selling it is hard as I know all about that. This area of the country is not the most boater friendly as you know but when the weather is right and lake Michigan is calm there's nothing better than being offshore on your on personal sanctuary..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 96TWC For This Useful Post:

Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 96TWC View Post
    Wow sorry to hear about your knee but life will go on without a boat although selling it is hard as I know all about that. This area of the country is not the most boater friendly as you know but when the weather is right and lake Michigan is calm there's nothing better than being offshore on your on personal sanctuary..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

it might sound stupid,but having to sell the boat is what is bothering me more.if i knew i could recover from this in a year ,maybe there is a chance or maybe it will not sell.i will know a lot more answers tomorrow.can you imagine sitting on the beach and watching a baja go flying by,the sound the looks, would have to pack up and go home.there is nothing like it.

Boat

2008 Baja 30 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jefflee1988sunsport View Post
    it might sound stupid,but having to sell the boat is what is bothering me more.if i knew i could recover from this in a year ,maybe there is a chance or maybe it will not sell.i will know a lot more answers tomorrow.can you imagine sitting on the beach and watching a baja go flying by,the sound the looks, would have to pack up and go home.there is nothing like it.
    Jeff,
    Keep that head up and listen to all option's first, sitting for one year is no big deal, especially the joy you get out of it is priceless. Not to hijack this thread but just 4 weeks ago while at the lake Cumberland Poker Run I came down with what I thought was the flu that Saturday (luckily last day of the event) had high fever and felt terrible (thought being I'm almost 50 I can't hang for 4 days of partying) ended up I got a bad infection in my arm, think maybe a spider bite. Anyway my wife is an RN (she insisted we go to a hospital in KY and I talked her into the 6 hour ride back home) and we pulled out early Sunday morning and drove with boat straight to our hospital here in Indiana. 5 days later and surgery to save my arm I finally got out of the hospital. Scary Scary stuff, never felt so bad in my life, don't mess around with it. Again, keep that head up and don't make a decision you'll regret in a year or two.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to J-Time For This Useful Post:

Boat

Thanks

when i read my chart ,it made me mad and upset at same time ,and your right,this is no time to think about selling something that i still get that wired up feeling as it is going in the water.so i am at work to open the shop and heading out for the first procedure and will know pretty much every thing today.the year my boat was messed up and almost ready to be picked up was my biggest reason to push threw the last replacement and did end up back on the boat in 10 weeks.also the time jeff came out and took me out in it.one of my favorite times out ,but there are many.so hopefully every thing goes good today .was just in the wrong state of mind,i really can not part with either boat and tired of people around me giving me there opinion that maybe that is why my knee keeps coming apart,if any thing ,it is opposite .when i was on vacation not one bad day or the last time out on lake michigan at night.sorry i jumped to saying something stupid ,thanks for advice that makes sense.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jefflee1988sunsport For This Useful Post:

96TWC (10-11-2019), Gregmik (10-11-2019), J-Time (10-11-2019), stude (10-11-2019)

Boat

Thanks

First procedure done, went good.i am in no pain. Now there is a 2 week waiting period to identify the infection and if they were able to get all of it out or if it made it in to replacement parts..hardest part for me is rest, rest rest. Doctor said it went good.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jefflee1988sunsport For This Useful Post:

Gregmik (10-14-2019), J-Time (10-12-2019), JerseyOutlaw (10-13-2019), Kefurr (10-12-2019), SEA-NYLE (10-13-2019), stude (10-13-2019)