Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: enjoy every day and take nothing for granted

Share/Bookmark
    Boat

1992 Baja 208 Islander
    Thanks

enjoy every day and take nothing for granted

Reading jefflee's post about his recent health issues...you just never know.

On a similar note, my best friend of over 45 years has been going through some chit...started on Thanksgiving. I was at my wife's familty dinner, about 200 miles away from home when I get a call from Robert (my friend). Very garbled and hard to understand, finally I hear this near-primal scream, "Take me to the hospital!" I tell him that I am not in town and tell him I'm calling 911. Very garbled response and then...nothing. My son was with me luckily as he's a former 911 dispatcher and knew how to get the proper patch-through to my local 911 first responders instead of from where I was at. Chief of police and first responders have to break in, find him unresponsive on the floor, spasming and very weak vitals, etc.
    SO...when I get home that night I call the Chief and find out where they took him, get a hold of that hospital and talk to his nurse. She says it's not good, large mass on the brain and other bad chit. I go to see him the next day and he just looks fawked. Can't talk, no movement on his left side...bad. He's been a bachelor for years, no family left except for a brother who is, to put it nicely, no help...in fact Robert had been supporting him as he is 'disabled' and doesn't work and has no car and...anyway, you get the picture. So I'm pretty much all Robert has, you know? Hit me REALLY hard, I was convinced he'd never leave the hospital. They do surgery on Sunday and put him into rehab two days later. Amazingly, he recovers full functions within a couple of weeks...you'd never know he'd had a brain tumor. Now the bad news...his form of cancer is, as the docs put it, "on a scale of 1 to 10, yours is an 11." Gave him 6 months to live with chemo and radiation...perhaps a bit more if he's "lucky".

I am optimistic that he'll beat this to the extent possible and have a few years to go. But I tell you what...this stuff just makes you regroup and put it all into perspective man. Live every day to the fullest, don't put off doing something you've wanted to do, love your friends and family...all that stuff.
    Table Rock Lake is my home away from home, and big block power rules.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tablerocker For This Useful Post:

J-Time (01-14-2020), jefflee1988sunsport (01-13-2020), JerseyOutlaw (01-13-2020), SEA-NYLE (01-14-2020), stude (01-16-2020)

Boat

2005 Baja 25 Outlaw, 525sc, Imco neutral box, Imco -3 Shorty, 380 K Planes, Full Hyd.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,723 Times in 1,407 Posts

Re: enjoy every day and take nothing for granted

Quote Originally Posted by tablerocker View Post
    Reading jefflee's post about his recent health issues...you just never know.

On a similar note, my best friend of over 45 years has been going through some chit...started on Thanksgiving. I was at my wife's familty dinner, about 200 miles away from home when I get a call from Robert (my friend). Very garbled and hard to understand, finally I hear this near-primal scream, "Take me to the hospital!" I tell him that I am not in town and tell him I'm calling 911. Very garbled response and then...nothing. My son was with me luckily as he's a former 911 dispatcher and knew how to get the proper patch-through to my local 911 first responders instead of from where I was at. Chief of police and first responders have to break in, find him unresponsive on the floor, spasming and very weak vitals, etc.
    SO...when I get home that night I call the Chief and find out where they took him, get a hold of that hospital and talk to his nurse. She says it's not good, large mass on the brain and other bad chit. I go to see him the next day and he just looks fawked. Can't talk, no movement on his left side...bad. He's been a bachelor for years, no family left except for a brother who is, to put it nicely, no help...in fact Robert had been supporting him as he is 'disabled' and doesn't work and has no car and...anyway, you get the picture. So I'm pretty much all Robert has, you know? Hit me REALLY hard, I was convinced he'd never leave the hospital. They do surgery on Sunday and put him into rehab two days later. Amazingly, he recovers full functions within a couple of weeks...you'd never know he'd had a brain tumor. Now the bad news...his form of cancer is, as the docs put it, "on a scale of 1 to 10, yours is an 11." Gave him 6 months to live with chemo and radiation...perhaps a bit more if he's "lucky".

I am optimistic that he'll beat this to the extent possible and have a few years to go. But I tell you what...this stuff just makes you regroup and put it all into perspective man. Live every day to the fullest, don't put off doing something you've wanted to do, love your friends and family...all that stuff.
    Wow, that's incredible, you saved his life!! I wish the best for him. I have seen some wonderful stories of people beating stage 4 this and that. It's just so very easy to get lost in daily life and before you know it, 20years falls thru your fingers...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Fine Whine"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JerseyOutlaw For This Useful Post:

J-Time (01-14-2020), jefflee1988sunsport (01-13-2020), tablerocker (01-14-2020)

Baja Supporter jefflee1988sunsport's Avatar
    Boat

1994 BAJA 272 performance 596 merlin / dart 4 750 hp
    Thanks

Re: enjoy every day and take nothing for granted

i appreciate everyone's support and prays.this came as a complete surprise after being admitted for pneumonia, emergency doctor seen something he did not like and that is how this was caught.this is not what was going to delay me getting out next season so it would not have been found in its early stage since i usually try to avoid doctor visits and tests.went into work yesterday and it was probably good since my mind was on work.off today and feeling the stress.things that had to be done like a life will and things like that that was told i need to do so thanks to my brother mike that has dragged me in twice this year and saved me both times it seems.just got the call to check in at 8 30 tomorrow morning.for me,this is an eye opening time in my life and will make the best off every day from now on end.i always pull threw things like this well.take care of your self and family because life does go by fast it seems,thanks again you guys.will be talking to you all in a few days.