Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: This is killing me

Share/Bookmark
    Charter Member #30
    Boat

2004 Baja 250 sportfish SOLD :(
    Thanks

This is killing me

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100603/...ill_washington It amazes me that this thing is still pumping thousands of gallons of oil into the Gulf. I am far from a tree hugger and try to keep the politics to myself but this is killing me. How the hell can this not have been fixed yet? What the F is billing them going to do, Fix the F'ing thing! Then bill them. Not like that will do anything anyway. Ok I am done.

Charter Member #23
    Boat

2006 Baja 25 Outlaw SST
    Thanks

Re: This is killing me

I live about 4 miles from BP headquarters here and they have about 6 gazillion cars in the parking lot.....so if I had to guess there is too many cheifs involved in the this gig and not enough indians. They keep trying all these technical approches instead of just getting in there and trying something til it works.

Boat

1999 HUSTLER 388 SLINGSHOT
    Thanks

I heard a friend say he saw a special on TV bout the spill....said that "suposidly" BP has been trying to do the right thing and knows ways of stopping it...but our beloved Govt. stepped in and won't allow them to do what they need to do.... who really knows if that is true or not.

I am far from a tree hugger myself...but it really is sad what is going on. I saw on the news this AM in the gym a video of a pelican covered in oil that was just flopping around....guess I am getting soft in my older age. I mean, I duck hunt (when I can)....but that's killing, not suffering...make any sense? Any way you look at it this whole ordeal has gone on too long.

What makes it worse is what the price of fuel is going to do because of this. Keli's dad is on the "inside" of the oil biz. More then 30% of our fuel comes from the gulf....Obamabinladen is talking of shutting down the gulf for 6-months...get ready for $4-5.00+ fuel he said if that really happens.
    DAVE -N- KELI
    "NAUTI ONE"
    SPRING, TX.

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"...

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1989 Baja Force 265
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRBAJA View Post
    I heard a friend say he saw a special on TV bout the spill....said that "suposidly" BP has been trying to do the right thing and knows ways of stopping it...but our beloved Govt. stepped in and won't allow them to do what they need to do.... who really knows if that is true or not.
    It doesn't surprise me a bit. He sees this as an opportunity for more people to live off of the gov't and Cap and Trade.

"Obamabinladen" Nice!

I say we stuff Nancy Pelosi in the leak!

Charter Member #23
    Boat

2006 Baja 25 Outlaw SST
    Thanks

I know for a fact the govt. has been involved from day 1. There has been Homeland Security vehicles parked outside of BP since this started. Even have armed guards at the entrance. I do not doubt one bit they know how to fix it but just aren't allowed to.