Malibu String Bikinis

Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1996 272 valance (fairing above platform)

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1996 Baja 272
    Thanks

Cool 1996 272 valance (fairing above platform)

heres a pic of the fairing/valance i just splash molded for my 272. it will fit year 96-2000 i believe..not to sure about that, but i know it will fit the performance and islander. I made the piece exact and then kept the mold !!!!! Hopefully more glass guys(and do it yourselfers) that need parts also do ths and realize a community that has its own resources is a valuable one! Try finding a piece of your Baja every since its now "baja by fountain!" If i help one baja owner that reapects them as much as i do, Ill be happy! to the people who bought the name but not the customers! Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by flyingdoc2; 06-09-2010 at 01:59 PM. Reason: trying to add pic..i will as soon as i fig it out..

Charter Member #11 IrishTornado's Avatar
    Boat

1992 Baja .38 Special Edition
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 851 Posts

Re: 1996 272 valance (fairing above platform)

The 272 Fairing will fit all years it was made "NOT INCLUDING SHOOTERS" 96-2001. To add pics just choose "Manage Attachments" and ad the picture from your computer. Hope this helps.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1996 Baja 272
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTornado View Post
    The 272 Fairing will fit all years it was made "NOT INCLUDING SHOOTERS" 96-2001. To add pics just choose "Manage Attachments" and ad the picture from your computer. Hope this helps.
    thank you for both the info..

Boat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdoc2 View Post
    thank you for both the info..
    Ahhhhh your talking about the rear valance

Charter Member #30
    Boat

2004 Baja 250 sportfish SOLD :(
    Thanks

Nice job! I remember reading a post somewhere that someone was looking for that piece, was that you?

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1996 Baja 272
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JFMSportfish250 View Post
    Nice job! I remember reading a post somewhere that someone was looking for that piece, was that you?
    must of been man..I pretty much looked everywhere!! I contacted not only the guys at XT but i somehow found some other guys that worked at baja and no one really wanted to do..either i was too far..etc..i ended up finding a guy with a 272 islander (BTW the boat was in tough shape, but he wouldnt sell that valance from it..I even seen a 272 on ebay that was basically salvaged, i offered the owner a grand for the piece and she said no! lol! finally said F*** it and splash molded it from the one close to me..Thankfully he let me do it..it was a good lesson learned. Just a funny follow up. I keep the boat on a hydrohoist lift. I went to launch it esterday. took my sweet time as the ramp is tight and i just did all the rsers/manifilds and alot of tune up while i had it apart last winter. I open the compartment to see things, smell around right, almost got hit in the face with water! I had put a screw in the bildge area, just in front of the flywheel. I thought i was smart by making a custom tray for my bildge pump! if you can picture a thin sheet of stainless..i attached all the pump and float to the sheet and then pushed it to rear of motor. and screwed it down to floor with 2 screws to secure it. I thought it'd be easier to deal/change it out later without lifting the motor lol! well i removed the screw and pushed it back further, the old hole must almost been through and somehow the gel coat fell off about pee size! thats been my luck. it got fixed today. BTW has anypne needed gel coat from sectrum? the color was pretty far off from the white I have...hope it fades and matches the boat...esp for 100 bucks a quart! sorry for the long post, just venting..If anyone needs any parts for there baja and i see it or read it ill help if i can. I pretty much found/traced all the original manufacturers and was surprised at how decent the prices are! esp the little cylinders that hold the hatches in the bed area open..like 11 bucks each the EXACT same part! happy boating! Tom
    Last edited by flyingdoc2; 06-09-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Boat

Thanks

What color Gel did you get from Spectrum? Should've been close match for the year of your boat. Unless you have fading or yellowing of the hull.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1996 Baja 272
    Thanks

i forget but i called in the year and white and they send me what they said was factory specs! its bleneded better after buffing and sitting in sunlight...i finally got it in today after doin a starter! man, starters are suposed to be easy no? LOL!

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2001 Baja 272
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdoc2 View Post
    must of been man..I pretty much looked everywhere!! I contacted not only the guys at XT but i somehow found some other guys that worked at baja and no one really wanted to do..either i was too far..etc..i ended up finding a guy with a 272 islander (BTW the boat was in tough shape, but he wouldnt sell that valance from it..I even seen a 272 on ebay that was basically salvaged, i offered the owner a grand for the piece and she said no! lol! finally said F*** it and splash molded it from the one close to me..Thankfully he let me do it..it was a good lesson learned. Just a funny follow up. I keep the boat on a hydrohoist lift. I went to launch it esterday. took my sweet time as the ramp is tight and i just did all the rsers/manifilds and alot of tune up while i had it apart last winter. I open the compartment to see things, smell around right, almost got hit in the face with water! I had put a screw in the bildge area, just in front of the flywheel. I thought i was smart by making a custom tray for my bildge pump! if you can picture a thin sheet of stainless..i attached all the pump and float to the sheet and then pushed it to rear of motor. and screwed it down to floor with 2 screws to secure it. I thought it'd be easier to deal/change it out later without lifting the motor lol! well i removed the screw and pushed it back further, the old hole must almost been through and somehow the gel coat fell off about pee size! thats been my luck. it got fixed today. BTW has anypne needed gel coat from sectrum? the color was pretty far off from the white I have...hope it fades and matches the boat...esp for 100 bucks a quart! sorry for the long post, just venting..If anyone needs any parts for there baja and i see it or read it ill help if i can. I pretty much found/traced all the original manufacturers and was surprised at how decent the prices are! esp the little cylinders that hold the hatches in the bed area open..like 11 bucks each the EXACT same part! happy boating! Tom
    I have been going through similiar troubles looking for a anchor locker hatch for my 272, Looks like the only solution is to make one.
    Got any suggestions or better idea's? Dave

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

1996 Baja 272
    Thanks

id definetly find someone close by with the boat and try to have him let you wet mold it! its the only way really..unless you get lucky..i found a couple of rare parts at this guys ste, call him...he comes across alot of **** and and if anyone can get it he can...Grand Sport Center inc... guys name is adam.. i picked up a 272 door with locking assembly brand new for around 200..Tom