Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dually Tires

Share/Bookmark
    Charter Member #34
    Boat

2006 Baja 405
    Thanks

Dually Tires

I have an 08 F350 DWR, The factory tires on it suck, and are near worn out at 12k miles. Anyone have suggestions of tires that are good. not loud and wear better. I am looking at http://tinyurl.com/350-Tires

Does anyone have personal experience with them.

Boat

1999 HUSTLER 388 SLINGSHOT
    Thanks

Re: Dually Tires

Yeah, the factory "rugged trails" that they put on them don't wear well especially if you do a lot of towing. We do a lot of Michilen LTX's here and some BFG A/T's depending on what you are doing..... The Michilens are pricy, but wear well, gotta keep them rotated though.
    DAVE -N- KELI
    "NAUTI ONE"
    SPRING, TX.

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"...

Charter Member #34
    Boat

2006 Baja 405
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRBAJA View Post
    Yeah, the factory "rugged trails" that they put on them don't wear well especially if you do a lot of towing. We do a lot of Michilen LTX's here and some BFG A/T's depending on what you are doing..... The Michilens are pricy, but wear well, gotta keep them rotated though.
    Can't really rotate a Dually with out a lot of work right? I am not off road too much with the truck so I do need the AT's on a regular basis. The dealership is pushing Contentials which in my experience are the worst tire ever made for wear.

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

I wouldnt put Contentials back on the truck. I have found on my last 5 truck that Factory tires last about 1/2 as long as what you buy on aftermarket. I have had multiple issues with Hydro Planing with Contentials.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

Charter Member #34
    Boat

2006 Baja 405
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    I wouldnt put Contentials back on the truck. I have found on my last 5 truck that Factory tires last about 1/2 as long as what you buy on aftermarket. I have had multiple issues with Hydro Planing with Contentials.
    Oh there is no way in hell Contentials are going on anything I own. I have had them on my last 3 vehicles from the factory and so far I get 8k with one set, 18 k with another and 12 on this. Thats what I told teh dealer I said they suck on everything, to which his response was they are fine on my Taurus, I really am thinking I need to find a new dealer, but they are the only dealer in my area that really sells a good amount of 1 ton trucks.

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

I imagine a Taurs with 10ply contentials would run for 100K miles... What a D.A.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

Charter Member #40
    Boat

1998 Baja Boss 272 HP 500 EFI
    Thanks

i dont have a dually but my hummer which is not to far off on weight from what a dually is has BFG All Terain T/A on it and i got about 60,000 out of the last set and probably could have gotten more but i wanted better tires for the winter and i do a lot of towing between the boat and my 20 ft enclosed as for rotating the tires on a dually what we did on the dually we used for the sprint car was to just take all the right side and put on the left side but with white letter tires you cannot rotate them like a car as you will only have 1/2 with the white letters showing 1/2 of the time

Charter Member #34
    Boat

2006 Baja 405
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EbayEd View Post
    i dont have a dually but my hummer which is not to far off on weight from what a dually is has BFG All Terain T/A on it and i got about 60,000 out of the last set and probably could have gotten more but i wanted better tires for the winter and i do a lot of towing between the boat and my 20 ft enclosed as for rotating the tires on a dually what we did on the dually we used for the sprint car was to just take all the right side and put on the left side but with white letter tires you cannot rotate them like a car as you will only have 1/2 with the white letters showing 1/2 of the time
    My dad has good luck with them on his H2, but he put them on one of his employees 250's and they didnt have nearly the same results.

Charter Member #11 IrishTornado's Avatar
    Boat

1992 Baja .38 Special Edition
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 851 Posts

I'm running them on my 2500 Sierra and I've got 40k on them as of right now. I rotate them every 5000 miles it's free...Go to a tire shop that offers free rotation. It's worth the $$$

Boat

1999 HUSTLER 388 SLINGSHOT
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmtbandit View Post
    Can't really rotate a Dually with out a lot of work right? I am not off road too much with the truck so I do need the AT's on a regular basis. The dealership is pushing Contentials which in my experience are the worst tire ever made for wear.
    We rotate them here all the time at the dealership...cost a little more if you do the full rotate but you don't have to rotate all 6 at a time... Just have to break down a few of them so you can put the "shiney side" out on the fronts.

Conti's are "ehhh" ok, they have come a long way, but not for a Super Duty/ Heavy Duty truck... I've been to the prooving grounds in Uvalde, TX to test Conti's against the competition...been on the skid pads, dry track, wet tracks etc...high speed racing etc... The street tires are pretty good for the $$$ (again, cars)....

Michelins....good chit.
    DAVE -N- KELI
    "NAUTI ONE"
    SPRING, TX.

"Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart"...