Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 25 ol

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
    Thanks

25 ol

Well I am not where I want to be yet but 496 H.O...Stellings Box....2' IMCO lower.....65 MPH GPS 24 P B1

Baja Supporter
    Boat

2000 baja performance 272
    Thanks

Re: 25 ol

Weren't you close to that before all those upgrades I figured you would be pushing close to 80 I have been following you're upgrading for the last few months and I know you have spent big $$$$ with lots of work and head aches.

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin-charlie View Post
    Weren't you close to that before all those upgrades I figured you would be pushing close to 80 I have been following you're upgrading for the last few months and I know you have spent big $$$$ with lots of work and head aches.

I gained a few MPH but still trying to get the prop thing figured out......the speed did not increase as much as the slip did....it was really efficient before and not so much now....stay tuned

Charter Member #26
    Boat

2003 Baja 29 Outlaw w/496 mags
    Thanks

Wayne, where do you have your box set at? What is prop shaft height? What WOT rpm are you seeing? Slip is not always bad. I have read many threads were people see higher speeds with more slip. More slip also is easier on the drive.

Charter Member #11 IrishTornado's Avatar
    Boat

1992 Baja .38 Special Edition
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I gained a few MPH but still trying to get the prop thing figured out......the speed did not increase as much as the slip did....it was really efficient before and not so much now....stay tuned
    Wayne you need to take a base prop and get #'s then go from there.

Charter Member #23
    Boat

2006 Baja 25 Outlaw SST
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Well I am not where I want to be yet but 496 H.O...Stellings Box....2' IMCO lower.....65 MPH GPS 24 P B1
    Wayne, what were your numbers before the box and lower? I'm stock and can run 65 GPS with a stock B1 24P

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    Wayne, where do you have your box set at? What is prop shaft height? What WOT rpm are you seeing? Slip is not always bad. I have read many threads were people see higher speeds with more slip. More slip also is easier on the drive.
    Box is in the middle positon and the new dimension below the pad is 3"...up from stock 6".

WOT RPM with labbed 24P B1......5100

WOT RPM with 23P M+.....5200....rev limiter

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DEEPSOUTH View Post
    Wayne, what were your numbers before the box and lower? I'm stock and can run 65 GPS with a stock B1 24P
    I was at 4650 RPM @ 63 MPH with 24P B1

5000 RPM @ 62 MPH with 23P M+

Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
    Thanks

I had the 23P M+ on yesterday and the results were not so good. It still gets on plane with ease but that is where it ends. The fuel was starting to get lighter, roughly around 1/2 to 3/4 tank but "felt" lighter. Any trim at all and it blows out bad.....even with trim in and tabs a touch "1/2" down it'll blow out. At a cruise speed of 30-35 MPH and give it gas is just blows out.

WOT on the rev limiter was only 61 MPH. I just could not trim it enought to "loosen" it up. I think is one was going to use this prop a drive spacer would have to be used. I am still not certain that I don't need to put one in now. My dimension from bottom is 3".

I have a 25 M+ to try next weekend but I suspect the 3 blade will perform the same as the others. I would like to get my hands on a 26P B1 to try yet this summer.

I still know that with the current set-up the only real gain I have with the current props is slip. I am no expert on this so it is all trail and error for me.

More testing to come.....

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Wayne,

It sounds like you need a spacer. From what i have read and listened to -4 is about perfect. untill you get that fixed prop testing will not tell you much. Each boat is different and the bottoms of the 25 changed from year to year so what worked on one boat may not work on yours. Its all in the set up. now is the time that is the most frustrating for you. i didnt do alot with my 25 but any little change i made to the prop could swing it 2-6 mph. It sounds like you need to get your drive deeper to keep from blowing out. If I were you i would get a pad of paper and write as much of your information down as possible. you probably have so many numbers running through your head it is hard to keep them staight. Good luck and looking forward to seeing you in St Clair.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well