Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Thread: BEST PFD Recommendation

Share/Bookmark
    Baja Boat Owner
    Boat

2003 Baja Boss 275
    Thanks

BEST PFD Recommendation

I'm looking to get a friend of mine a PFD...I have PFD's on the boat, but they're the ones that slide up and really never seem to fit right. So, I wanted to find something that was snug and not bulky. Some of the newer neoprene ones look pretty nice, also I've seen the cardigan version from liquid force that are pullovers. Anyone have a recommendation about their PFD and why they think it's the best?
    Thanks

Charter Member #11 IrishTornado's Avatar
    Boat

1992 Baja .38 Special Edition
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 866 Posts

Re: BEST PFD Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Caluw1 View Post
    I'm looking to get a friend of mine a PFD...I have PFD's on the boat, but they're the ones that slide up and really never seem to fit right. So, I wanted to find something that was snug and not bulky. Some of the newer neoprene ones look pretty nice, also I've seen the cardigan version from liquid force that are pullovers. Anyone have a recommendation about their PFD and why they think it's the best?
    Thanks
    I personally think if your going to drive your boat fast the only choice is a Lifeline, but they aren't cheap...Most cost right around 350-400 depending on what you buy. Of course we can say "thats alot of money for a PDF", but if someone gets thrown from the boat and they're PDF comes off and they disappear under the water you can never put a price on a loved ones life JMO!!!

I personally don't own any, but over the winter I'll be buying 4 of them to have on the boat to offer to people to put on when I'm running fast.