Upcoming Events for the Next 20 Day(s)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What You Got?

Share/Bookmark
    Boat

1988 Baja 280
    Thanks

What You Got?

Well since someone needs to get this forum started I will make the first post. So let's see what you got in your Baja.

I have a Rockford Fosgate head unit. Two sets of Powerbass 6.5" component speakers with 3 Rockford Fosgate 12" subs. 3 Autotek mean machine amplifiers with G&S crossover for power. It's not the biggest system on the block but it gets the job done.

Since pictures are not working right now I will add them latter.
    There are good ships, there are wood ships, there are ships that sailed the seas. But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be!

Dave & Sheila Nye

Liquid Force

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks
    Running a factory head unit, 8 sets of 6.5's 4 JL's and 4 Focals 2- 10" open airJL subs under the back seat and 1 12" in the cuddy. and a golf cart battery pushing the system.

Charter Member #11 IrishTornado's Avatar
    Boat

1992 Baja .38 Special Edition
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 851 Posts

Re: What You Got?

I'm running stock Clarion CMD5, Autotek Crossover, 6 sets of 6.5" Polk Audio components, 2 10" Solo Baric Kicker Subs, 1 12" Solo Baric Kicker Sub, 650.1 Kicker, 600.1 Kicker, 900.4 Kicker, 400.2 Kicker and 550.2 Kicker Amps...This thing ROCKS!!!!

Boat

2002 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTornado View Post
    I'm running stock Clarion CMD5, Autotek Crossover, 6 sets of 6.5" Polk Audio components, 2 10" Solo Baric Kicker Subs, 1 12" Solo Baric Kicker Sub, 650.1 Kicker, 600.1 Kicker, 900.4 Kicker, 400.2 Kicker and 550.2 Kicker Amps...This thing ROCKS!!!!
    Man dude. Going to need to upgrade those motors again to keep your boat moving.
    Because without beer things just dont seem to go as well

Charter Member #11 IrishTornado's Avatar
    Boat

1992 Baja .38 Special Edition
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 Times in 851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Man dude. Going to need to upgrade those motors again to keep your boat moving.
    Thankfully most of it was already there, but now that you mention it.... Might be able to lighten it up with some aluminum heads and cams.

Charter Member #13
    Boat

2003 Baja Boss 302 (Sold)
    Thanks

Ok, since i just got the boat, it is what it is and actually, doesn't sound too bad. Head unit is original Clarion, CMD1 with 6 cd changer in cabin. Have only found one amp which i assume is original, Clarion 480. After talking with Irish, was thinking there was another amp somewhere, but when this amp comes on, so does all the cockpit speakers which include, 2 kicker subs (10 inch i believe), 4 Kicker midranges (although front passenger side not working), and 4 tweeters. 2 Clarion speakers in cabin that i think just work off head unit. Most likely will leave as is for this year then maybe add another amp next year.

Boat

1999 HUSTLER 388 SLINGSHOT
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Firehill View Post
    Ok, since i just got the boat, it is what it is and actually, doesn't sound too bad. Head unit is original Clarion, CMD1 with 6 cd changer in cabin. Have only found one amp which i assume is original, Clarion 480. After talking with Irish, was thinking there was another amp somewhere, but when this amp comes on, so does all the cockpit speakers which include, 2 kicker subs (10 inch i believe), 4 Kicker midranges (although front passenger side not working), and 4 tweeters. 2 Clarion speakers in cabin that i think just work off head unit. Most likely will leave as is for this year then maybe add another amp next year.
    Well Keith...depending on if Keli and I need the 300.4 Kicker that is in our boat currently it may be up for sale... It isn't much but it is something??? We just bought two amps from a super close friend......900.4 Kicker and a 650.1 Kicker for the subs... Now we just need the speakers

Charter Member #13
    Boat

2003 Baja Boss 302 (Sold)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRBAJA View Post
    Well Keith...depending on if Keli and I need the 300.4 Kicker that is in our boat currently it may be up for sale... It isn't much but it is something??? We just bought two amps from a super close friend......900.4 Kicker and a 650.1 Kicker for the subs... Now we just need the speakers
    Actually i would probably need a sub amp. The thing sounds real good right now, just need to figure why the one speaker and tweeter above it isn't working. If all is hooked to the 4 channel Clarion amp, doing a good job. Hell, mine is always off anyway. I let "No Cover" provide the sounds.

Charter Member #23
    Boat

2006 Baja 25 Outlaw SST
    Thanks

I'm running the stock Calrion CMD4 head unit with 3 sets of Infinity 6.5s and a Rockford Fosgate 10" sub under the bench. It's all pushed by a HiFonics Zeus 5 channel amp. Not the baddest system but it will get the job done. Thinking of adding another sub and dedicated sub amp in the future.

Charter Member #40
    Boat

1998 Baja Boss 272 HP 500 EFI
    Thanks

Rockford Fosgate 9500dvd head unit, 8 - 6" Rockford Fosgate speakers ( 6 in the cockpit 2 in the nose of the cuddy ) powered by a Rockford Fosgate T400-4 amp, 2- 10" Rockford subs under the back seat powered by a 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp and still to be installed 4 = 8" Rockford Fosgate speakers going in the cockpit to be run by another Rockford Fosgate T400-4 amp